• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

I don't get this picture

befe.jpg

Ignoring the previous 3 seasons, where this looks much better for the Sixers with the Harden stats, just this season:

Curry -0.9 BPM, 0.4 VORP, -0.7 RAPTOR
Drummond 1.4 BPM, 0.8 VORP, 1.8 RAPTOR
Simmons 0 0 0 0 0

Harden 4.0 BPM, 2.5 VORP, 1.6 RAPTOR
Millsap -3.1 BPM, 0.1 VORP, NA

I tend to think Harden will recover from his hamstring fairly quickly, but Simmons getting back up to game speed will take more time. And if he couldn't deal with Embiid, IDK how he's gonna deal with Durant and Kyrie.

NOVACare Docs busy making a special hamstring cure with some mud from the banks of the Wissahickon, some special plants harvested from Tinicum Marsh and a little splash of water from the Schuylkill. I expect Harden's hammy to be better by Monday at the latest.

would be happy with the Bulls picking up one of the bigger names in the big man buyout market

Sixers will have to do the same, maybe Deandre Jordan or Tristan Thompson. With the Montrezl move, I don't know if the Wiz want to part with him, but I'd look at Thomas Bryant too.

Maybe Tyquan Lewis and Todd Gurley to the Panthers next?

*championship coach doc rivers

idk how you could watch as many clippers games as you've watched and not despise doc rivers

idk how a CP3 fan, a Wake fan, etc. could ever not despise doc rivers

you gotta do you, but i just don't get it man

i'm just happy he's somebody else's problem now because ty lue is literally everything that doc is not

i think doc is a pretty good coach. his team are pretty much always good. i think the playoff stuff is overrated, but do agree his coaching style is not as effective in seven game series. i think ty lue is also a good coach.

I wouldn't like it but it's a decent trade. Poeltl is going to get a nice contract next year.

The Spurs traded Derrick White to the Celtics for Josh Richardson, Romeo Langford, and a top 4 protected 2022 first. Hell yes! Of course, I've got ESPN's trade deadline show on the background and they haven't mentioned it at all.

So right now, the Spurs have their own pick (projected #6), Celtics pick (#18), and Raptors (#20). And Derrick White's 4/70 is off the books through 2025. Wow. That frees up the money to pay Poeltl something in the 4/80 range.

The Derrick White deal also includes a 2028 pick swap.

i think doc is a pretty good coach. his team are pretty much always good. i think the playoff stuff is overrated, but do agree his coaching style is not as effective in seven game series. i think ty lue is also a good coach.

This. Me and apetit watched pretty much every clips game. I don't ever recall thinking coaching was a problem. Unfortunate injuries to CP3/Blake were. And the occasional donk play like gm6 vs OKC had nothing to do with doc.

This. Me and apetit watched pretty much every clips game. I don't ever recall thinking coaching was a problem. Unfortunate injuries to CP3/Blake were. And the occasional donk play like gm6 vs OKC had nothing to do with doc.

so he gets credit for the wins and not the losses?

it's easy to gloss over the fact that doc was GM, too, so he was making personnel and coaching decisions during that time.

he also killed lob city by publicly throwing blake and dj under the bus (just like he did to BS, for that matter)

fortunately, he got fired after pulling that shit with PG

the best season of Doc's coaching, imo, was the season after everybody left. Gallo, Lou, Trez, etc. that team played better than any lob city-era Doc team.

I like Harden and am now interested in the 76ers.

We never really got to see the Brooklyn experiment at full strength but they will still be good

so he gets credit for the wins and not the losses?

it's easy to gloss over the fact that doc was GM, too, so he was making personnel and coaching decisions during that time.

he also killed lob city by publicly throwing blake and dj under the bus (just like he did to BS, for that matter)

fortunately, he got fired after pulling that shit with PG

the best season of Doc's coaching, imo, was the season after everybody left. Gallo, Lou, Trez, etc. that team played better than any lob city-era Doc team.

which series losses in the playoffs for the Clips are you attributing to Doc and why? Sounds like you're just shitting on doc with #feelings

which series losses in the playoffs for the Clips are you attributing to Doc and why? Sounds like you're just shitting on doc with #feelings

Let's start with the fact that Doc is the only coach in NBA history who has blown three 3-1 series leads in the playoffs

i dunno - i always felt like doc had weird lineups

and he sucked as GM when that was his role too

and he sucked as GM when that was his role too

dude's drafts are low-key hilarious in hindsight. it was pretty common knowledge that he didn't even bother scouting players.

and the fact that he couldn't find a single starting-caliber wing to pair with Lob City remains hilarious

he'd just sign the otherwise washed up guy who went off on us in the playoffs the year before

Back