• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

i am a celtics fan who has said for the last decade and a half to anybody who would listen that doc is a shit coach

I'd argue the Spurs front office has been pretty passive for awhile. They just had Duncan/Parker/Manu and then Kawhi to cover up a lot of problems. Until this season, they didn't seem to know how to do a rebuild. This rebuild should have started last year.

But over the last three weeks, they've done what I've wanted them to do. They've tightened up the roster to get rid of rotation guys in Forbes, White, and Eubanks who just didn't fit the rebuild. Now the roster is emerging stars (Dejounte, Poeltl), young guys who should improve, and Doug McDermott who has become less necessary now that Keldon is shooting 43% from deep and Zach Collins is healthy.

Now they can roll out Murray/Vassell/Johnson/Collins/Poeltl with Jones/Primo/McDermott/Landale off the bench and see what they have before the draft.

Considering that before the last 3 years they had 8 losing seasons in their history would suggest they didn't have a good rebuild plan.

Current East Standings have the following first round matchups: Bucks/Sixers Heat/Nets

Also kinda setting up that the Clippers are likely to get PG13 and Kawhi back and end up in the play in games, which they should win giving either PHX or GS a helluva first round matchup

“Obviously with my status being in and out, I saw a few things that maybe could have impacted things. But who knows?”

-Kyrie Irving on James Harden bring traded

https://theathletic.com/3123409/202...g-name-to-move-trade-deadline-first-thoughts/

1. The Nets were in Cleveland Jan. 17. In their locker room before the game, Kyrie Irving lit ablaze some sage — a Native American ritual Irving has embraced to cleanse negative energy. Irving doesn’t do this before every game, but he apparently still feels haunted by parts of his past on the Cavs. So he lit his torch.

2. Harden, according to sources who were in the room when it happened, was seated in front of his locker, watching Irving, and looked at Kyrie like he had three heads.

3. “Definitely a weird vibe between them,” one source said. “You could tell Harden was annoyed, and Kyrie wasn’t feeling James.”

4. In two seasons, Harden has quit on two teams until they traded him. When he tries to explain this one, my guess is he will not come out and say, explicitly, that he wanted to be as far away from Kyrie as possible. But make no mistake, Irving had something to do with it.

Can't blame Harden for wanting to be as far away from Kyrie as possible.

Can blame Harden for absolutely no effort.

Considering that before the last 3 years they had 8 losing seasons in their history would suggest they didn't have a good rebuild plan.

It appears the rebuild plan included stiffs like Drew Eubanks, Jock Londale, Doug McDermott, Zach Collins and then lots of losing.

I do like the backcourt and wings next year, once they dump god awful Satoransky and almost done Dragic.

These draft picks coming up are HUGE for the next 10 years of the franchise.

These are guys in the past 2 years (hell, any of them) who were either on the way to SA, or rumored to have mutual interest:

Summer 2020
Marcus Morris, Sr./Bertans fiasco

Summer 2021
Oubre --- instead very mediocre McDermott
Markkenen --- instead useless Thad Young
Montrezl --- instead I don't know. Collins?

This lineup, assuming they only got 1 of those 3 in 2021 and landed Morris in 2020 or hell just kept Bertans, who looked damn good last year.

Murray/Jones (I guess)
White/Lonnie/Primo
Keldon J./Vassell
Oubre/Marc Morris - or just keep Bertans
Poeltl/Zach Collins (I guess)

Looks weak at backup PG and backup C, but SF and PF is SOLID imo.

Instead it is a mess, with the hope 1-2 rookies, from 2022 draft pan out. Based on the Primo find and other good front office finds in the past, I agree there clearly is hope. Fingers crossed.

https://theathletic.com/3123409/202...g-name-to-move-trade-deadline-first-thoughts/

1. The Nets were in Cleveland Jan. 17. In their locker room before the game, Kyrie Irving lit ablaze some sage — a Native American ritual Irving has embraced to cleanse negative energy. Irving doesn’t do this before every game, but he apparently still feels haunted by parts of his past on the Cavs. So he lit his torch.

2. Harden, according to sources who were in the room when it happened, was seated in front of his locker, watching Irving, and looked at Kyrie like he had three heads.

3. “Definitely a weird vibe between them,” one source said. “You could tell Harden was annoyed, and Kyrie wasn’t feeling James.”

4. In two seasons, Harden has quit on two teams until they traded him. When he tries to explain this one, my guess is he will not come out and say, explicitly, that he wanted to be as far away from Kyrie as possible. But make no mistake, Irving had something to do with it.

Last summer we were in the Caribbean at the same resort as Harden (and Montrezl Harrell who was also with him, coincidentally). I would be shocked if Harden was offended by anything being lit ablaze.

the nba is the best

how sweet will the Eastern Conference playoffs be if everyone is #fullsquad??

Back