• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Some [Redacted]-esque mental gymnastics in this Doc defense. I dig it.

It appears the rebuild plan included stiffs like Drew Eubanks, Jock Londale, Doug McDermott, Zach Collins and then lots of losing.

I do like the backcourt and wings next year, once they dump god awful Satoransky and almost done Dragic.

These draft picks coming up are HUGE for the next 10 years of the franchise.

These are guys in the past 2 years (hell, any of them) who were either on the way to SA, or rumored to have mutual interest:

Summer 2020
Marcus Morris, Sr./Bertans fiasco

Summer 2021
Oubre --- instead very mediocre McDermott
Markkenen --- instead useless Thad Young
Montrezl --- instead I don't know. Collins?

This lineup, assuming they only got 1 of those 3 in 2021 and landed Morris in 2020 or hell just kept Bertans, who looked damn good last year.

Murray/Jones (I guess)
White/Lonnie/Primo
Keldon J./Vassell
Oubre/Marc Morris - or just keep Bertans
Poeltl/Zach Collins (I guess)

Looks weak at backup PG and backup C, but SF and PF is SOLID imo.

Instead it is a mess, with the hope 1-2 rookies, from 2022 draft pan out. Based on the Primo find and other good front office finds in the past, I agree there clearly is hope. Fingers crossed.

Jock Landale is a promising stretch 5. Zach Collins has 15/14/6/3 in his first 31 minutes back over two games. That's a solid future bench post rotation. It's definitely an improvement over Eubanks and Dieng.

I didn't want Oubre because I'd rather see Vassell and Johnson get their shots. Oubre has been a chucker and I didn't like that fit.

I think Primo should be able to take over the Derrick White role either as a starter or coming off the bench which White should have done. He's bigger (possibly still growing) and looks like he'll be a better shooter and savvy playmaker. He's also 8.5 years younger.

Vassell has a good 3 and D profile. I'm not sure what Keldon is going to be. His 3-point shooting has been a nice surprise. I think he'll be a solid SF and small ball PF, but he may be best suited as an energy guy off the bench.

The Spurs need to take a 4 or big wing, but I'll be fine with a BPA. Whoever they pick need to be able to play right away to get this rebuild going. Ideally they make the playoffs next season and can try to get a good FA or two on the 2023 market with a lot of cap space.

Luka's hate for the Clippers is almost comical. Got to watch Luka put up 51 on Clips last night. Was a lot of fun. Was super efficient too. He could have hit 60+ but they double teamed and trapped him the last quarter and a half.

Jock Landale is a promising stretch 5. Zach Collins has 15/14/6/3 in his first 31 minutes back over two games. That's a solid future bench post rotation. It's definitely an improvement over Eubanks and Dieng.

I didn't want Oubre because I'd rather see Vassell and Johnson get their shots. Oubre has been a chucker and I didn't like that fit.

I think Primo should be able to take over the Derrick White role either as a starter or coming off the bench which White should have done. He's bigger (possibly still growing) and looks like he'll be a better shooter and savvy playmaker. He's also 8.5 years younger.

Vassell has a good 3 and D profile. I'm not sure what Keldon is going to be. His 3-point shooting has been a nice surprise. I think he'll be a solid SF and small ball PF, but he may be best suited as an energy guy off the bench.

The Spurs need to take a 4 or big wing, but I'll be fine with a BPA. Whoever they pick need to be able to play right away to get this rebuild going. Ideally they make the playoffs next season and can try to get a good FA or two on the 2023 market with a lot of cap space.

What big do you think they are looking at if they go big with their early pick. Kessler? Duren? M Williams? Just curious your opinion.

I don't really know that much about the draft prospects out there. Some combination of stretch 4, rim runner, small ball 5, point-forward works. I've seen Banchero plenty of times and I think his skillset is what they're looking for. I don't think they take a C unless they don't plan on paying Poeltl in his next contract.

If the finals are Nets/Suns then 30% of the starters will have dated or will be dating Kendall Jenner

How many seasons will Chet Holmgren have to sit out before he is physically capable of playing an NBA game?

Dude looks like a taller KD who can play in the post. His size won't be too much of a liability in the modern game.

He is less than rail thin, he’s absolutely going to get injured before he ever plays an NBA game.

Evan Mobley is the best defensive rookie since Duncan.

So far so good for the Spurs rebuild. Spurs beat the Hawks 136-121.

All-Star Dejounte Murray had 32/10/15/4. Olympic gold medalist and 43.8% 3-point shooter Keldon Johnson had 26/5/5 on 6-8 from deep. Rising Stars Game snub Devin Vassell had 20/5/2.

Why is there only one late game tonight? Winter Olympics? No Sunday night games because of the Super Bowl? Almost every game is done. T-Wolves-Bulls is almost done and Magic-Jazz is at halftime.

Back