• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

In retrospect.... running away from Russell Westbrook seems a lot less weak than it did at the time

The Nets should focus more on making the playoffs and less on leaking Harden hit pieces

Sad to see the worst case scenario playing out in real time. Especially because Zion seems like a good guy on top of his talents (even for a Dukie). His commitment to fitness just doesn't seem to be there for whatever reason and he can't get away with it like Luka has.

Sad to see the worst case scenario playing out in real time. Especially because Zion seems like a good guy on top of his talents (even for a Dukie). His commitment to fitness just doesn't seem to be there for whatever reason and he can't get away with it like Luka has.

luka is an inch taller and even at his highest reported weight (that i saw with a quick google search) of 260, he is lighter than zion's weight when he was 285 as a duke freshman

The Pistons end the Celtics 9 game winning streak. The NBA is crazy.

I got the Yahoo “Jokic just reached 15 rebounds!” alert. My first thought was “Huh? That game just started.” He has 16/15 at the half.

AD really hurt his ankle and is gonna be out for awhile. CP3 got ejected after getting his thumb jammed and getting no call.

Nugs-Dubs and Jazz-Lakers are down to the wire right now. Nugs just took their first lead of the game on a breakaway layup after a long rebound off a Steph miss. Up 1 with 14.9 sec left. Lakers up 3 with 1:00 left.

Wow. Yet another Jokic assist for a game-winning 3! This time he passed out of a double team in the post to an open Monte Morris.

Jokic with 35/17/8.

Last edited:
Nugs-Dubs and Jazz-Lakers are down to the wire right now. Nugs just took their first lead of the game on a breakaway layup after a long rebound off a Steph miss. Up 1 with 14.9 sec left. Lakers up 3 with 1:00 left.

Wow. Yet another Jokic assist for a game-winning 3! This time he passed out of a double team in the post to an open Monte Morris.

Jokic with 35/17/8.

2 rebounds in the second half?? Do not want.

I got the Yahoo “Jokic just reached 15 rebounds!” alert. My first thought was “Huh? That game just started.” He has 16/15 at the half.

He's ridiculously good. Somehow I can't get him in fantasy!

Also, good to see the Spurs win.

Primo and Zach Collins have looked awful the past 2 games, against undermanned Bulls and bad OKC. Poeltl is excellent, and clear drop off when he needs a breather.

Also, really impressed at Lonnie Walker as he just keeps playing well. Seems underrated.

I love how Pop wants to get undersized and super young Primo some run and at 98-99 against No Lavine and No Lonzo, DeRozan is like...you have this guy guarding me?

Game over. Bulls go on 5-0 run and never look back. Primo getting run is cool, if you are just giving up this year, but he is definitely not ready for 4th quarter guard DeRozan in a close game. Good grief.

Also, playing 2 stretch 4's, really 2 SF in Keldon and McDermott at forwards, does not work since Poeltl has been alone in the paint for what feels like 2 or 3 seasons now.

I thought Thad Young would be a short term fit at PF to help him...alas we get guys like Ayo and really anyone (studs like Troy Brown and Derrick Jones), just crashing the glass as there is nobody to board, if Poeltl is boxed out. Good plan, Spurs. I think the graphic I saw was something like "halftime rebounds: Spurs 22; Bulls 38." Something like that.

Play motion, up the pace, let Dejunta go off, and set a million screens etc., but no rebounding (aside from Poeltl) and you end up 15+ games under .500 and out of the playoffs.

Seems like this would work best:

Murray
Walker
Keldon
PF --- not Zach Collins, so which guy you want to sign in summer 2021 Young or McDermott not the solution? 2020 they tried? Ok, 2022?
Poeltl

And then let Vassell lead the bench charge.

I hope that now that OKC seems to have a few decent players they finally decide to cash in some of their 24492 picks

Ish with 10 points and 4 assists in 20 minutes for the Wiz. They lost as Detroit ran layup drills, getting 74 points in the paint.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Trade deadline; Harden-Simmons trade

Lonnie Walker isn’t that good. Dude averages 11.2/2.6/2.3 in 22.8 mpg. A good night for him is 15 points on 40% shooting. He’s way too hit or miss and has a low ceiling. He’s gotten plenty of opportunities and he’s just a replacement level guard. He definitely doesn’t deserve to start. He’s a RFA this offseason and I wouldn’t make him a qualifying offer. They can fill his spot with Weiskamp, Richardson, or Langford or through the draft.

Last edited:
yeah, i think it's fair to say that lonnie walker has been a consistently bad player his whole career. the advanced metrics have him as a below replacement player pretty much every season.

Lonnie Walker isn’t that good. Dude averages 11.2/2.6/2.3 in 22.8 mpg. A good night for him is 15 points on 40% shooting. He’s way too hit or miss and has a low ceiling. He’s gotten plenty of opportunities and he’s just a replacement level guard. He definitely doesn’t deserve to start. He’s a RFA this offseason and I wouldn’t make him a qualifying offer. They can fill his spot with Weiskamp, Richardson, or Langford or through the draft.

Agreed. I’m as sentimental as the next Spurs fan when it comes to guys they draft (except Samanic, that was so stupid), but he needs to go. Between Richardson and Langford and the three first round picks, someone will end up more serviceable.

Back