• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Trade deadline; Harden-Simmons trade

Agreed. I’m as sentimental as the next Spurs fan when it comes to guys they draft (except Samanic, that was so stupid), but he needs to go. Between Richardson and Langford and the three first round picks, someone will end up more serviceable.

I like Samanic's skill set and potential, but yeah I've accepted that cutting him was the right move.

The Spurs get a lot of love for drafting well, but I think that's because national media just don't pay attention to the Spurs drafts. They do well drafting at #29. Going back to the Duncan years, they may have gotten more championships if they were willing to trade picks at deadline for immediate help instead of trying to draft and stash the next Manu.

The Walker and Samanic picks were particularly awful. They passed on several good to really good players. They picked Walker one pick ahead of Kevin Huerter. Anferee Simons went #24 that year and he's blowing up. Robert Williams III would have elevated their post rotation. The top of the second round in 2018 included Jalen Brunson, Devonte Graham, Mitchell Robinson, and Gary Trent Jr.

The 2019 draft wasn't as strong as 2018, but Thybulle, Brandon Clarke, Grant Williams, and Darius Bazley were taken right after Samanic. Poole, KPJ, and Nic Claxton were taken a bit later.

Last edited:
Pop 3 wins from all time most coaching wins.

I think back earlier in the thread there was a debate whether Pop would make it this year.

It was looking bad there for a while. I feel confident now. I also for some reason feel confident he returns next season too.

AD really hurt his ankle and is gonna be out for awhile. CP3 got ejected after getting his thumb jammed and getting no call.

Didn't see this last night, but he was ejected for intentionally bumping the ref after he got T'd up over the no call.

Just brings back nut punch memories. Demons.

lowry over the 3 pt line by like a full 12 inches with ref right there and nothing. everyone complains about the refs but they literally got gifted a point in a game that went two OTs

also the heat play rugby fucking defense and complain like they've been stabbed every call that goes against them

Weird to get blown out Tuesday by the bum ass Celtics and beat the Bucks tonight

my jimmies are so rustled from that game

its one thing to miss a foot on the line 3

its another thing to miss a foot on the line 3 and not call for a review later because its close

its another thing to miss a whole foot over the line 3 while 3 feet from the play and not call for a review later in an overtime game

Last edited:
Sixers win. Never in doubt I guess.

was at the warriors / nuggets game last night

jokic is GOOOOOD and HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

I'm going to Denver in a few weeks and may get to catch a game. I'm pretty hyped.

Anyone watching the Hornets Heat tonight…..what is the point of any reviews?

League is a joke. Hornets won in the first OT but league said “NOT SO FAST”

lowry over the 3 pt line by like a full 12 inches with ref right there and nothing. everyone complains about the refs but they literally got gifted a point in a game that went two OTs

also the heat play rugby fucking defense and complain like they've been stabbed every call that goes against them

my jimmies are so rustled from that game

its one thing to miss a foot on the line 3

its another thing to miss a foot on the line 3 and not call for a review later because its close

its another thing to miss a whole foot over the line 3 while 3 feet from the play and not call for a review later in an overtime game

Plus, there is a ref in Secaucus whose entire fucking job is to buzz in when he sees that to mark it for the refs on the floor. How do all of them miss something that obvious unless it is rigged? Then Borrego asks them to review it at the next stoppage and their response is that it was "too late"? How the fuck was Borrego supposed to know that the ref whose entire fucking job is to catch that was paid not to catch it? I guess his bad for not assuming that was going to happen given the refs were cool with the Heat's defensive philosophy of flopping on every single play. Kyle Lowry would be a great DLineman for the Wolfpack.

Back