• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

There are currently 11 members of the 75th anniversary team in the league. Assuming 24 or 25 get added, who else playing right now will make the 100th anniversary team? Keep in mind Giannis was 2 when the 50th anniversary team was announced so there are plenty of future greats on the way.

Good question. Then again there are some current guys who I am not sure belong. Melo and AD come to mind. Maybe Dame

Luka seems to be a shoo in if he stays healthy. Joker maybe. Embiid probably. Im trying to think younger because other than Luka, Embiid, and Joker, I am not sure who else jumps off the page who isnt already in. Ja or Trae maybe?

I agree about Melo, AD, and Dame. But I doubt they kick anybody off.

I agree with Luka, Jokic, and Embiid. I think Ja and Trae have a good chance. LaMelo has ROY and his first All-Star game at 20 years old so he's got a strong start.

It will be interesting to see what will distinguish the really good young guards like Mitchell, Booker, and Garland. Does KAT elevate his game? Could Gobert get the vote Dikembe couldn't get? How about promising guys who haven't made the All-Star Game yet like Tyrese Haliburton or Anthony Edwards? Do older players like Butler and Beal have a strong finish that elevates their careers? Does Zion get healthy and fulfill his promise?

Zion, won't you know why. Same reason there are zero dookies on there.

Not sure the complete listing but
UCLA/UNC - 4
LSU -3
Wake (and others) 2

I'll throw one out, Walton? He has 1 1st team and 1 2nd team all-NBA. Some question if he should be in the HOF, his numbers are not great and he spent a lot of time injured. Sort of like Leonard (i.e. injured).

Walton has a Finals MVP and league MVP. Pretty sure every player with both made the 75th team.

If two seasons of 18+ and 13+ makes you an all time great, go for it.

Just look at Shaq's numbers vs Walton's.

Tony Parker got the Finals MVP and has a better resume minus the MVP award.

Based on Walton's total career, not one season, he doesn't fit the list. And the list was a vote by a panel, so it would be interesting to see how many votes each player got.

it's also the basketball hall of fame, not the NBA hall of fame, so no doubt Walton's college career is a big part

3x national player the year
2x champ
2x tournament most outstanding player

couldn't play varsity as a freshman -- one of the greatest NCAA resumes ever

i was wondering if this was true. If it is I was a bit surprised we didn’t see some more international names

not to get the Spurs donks all fired up but Manu or Parker are the first that come to mind. They both had pretty great careers but it is amplified when international play is thrown in.

As Ph mentioned I was kind of surprised Mutombo wasn’t in. I’d have had him in over AD. Yao is other name I thought of, if nothing else from a legacy standpoint. I think to some extent it is hard to tell the story of the modern NBA without Yao. Hell Wiggins is an all star this year because of Yao

Last edited:
it's also the basketball hall of fame, not the NBA hall of fame, so no doubt Walton's college career is a big part

2x champ

Agree he's an all time great, but his greatness in the NBA was a flash. He was on the 50th team so I guess they just add to it.

i was wondering if this was true. If it is I was a bit surprised we didn’t see some more international names

not to get the Spurs donks all fired up but Manu or Parker are the first that come to mind. They both had pretty great careers but it is amplified when international play is thrown in.

As Ph mentioned I was kind of surprised Mutombo wasn’t in. I’d have had him in over AD. Yao is other name I thought of, if nothing else from a legacy standpoint. I think to some extent it is hard to tell the story of the modern NBA without Yao. Hell Wiggins is an all star this year because of Yao

International committee is different from the North American committee for electing players to the Naismith. They need to look harder at guys like Yao and Mutombo.

Yao's career was so relatively short, but his impact on the game was bigger than players with a lot more success and longevity.

International committee is different from the North American committee for electing players to the Naismith. They need to look harder at guys like Yao and Mutombo.

Both are in the HOF. But they didn’t make the NBA 75 team.

2x champ

Yeah, and that 21 for 22 (I think) from the floor in one of those championship games was amazing to watch.

Yeah, the Zion/Ja comparison...... ouch for the Pellies

I haven't watched an entire all-star game in years, but i watched last night and it was a lot of fun. Seeing Curry go nuts like that was awesome.

I think they’ve figured out the formula for the All-Star Game. Three quarters of fun with some stakes to who wins each quarter and first to lead+24 legit play.

One thought about the dunk contest. In-game dunks are so good and go viral so quickly that a slam dunk contest is almost obsolete.

Get rid of the dunk contest and skills contest. Replace with horse and 2 on 2 tournaments

Back