• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Get rid of the dunk contest and skills contest. Replace with horse and 2 on 2 tournaments

Horse with some of the NBA players would be interesting. Half court shots? From the expensive seats? The imagination runs wild.

I don’t think missed shots from all over the arena would be much better than missed dunks.

not saying it couldn’t work, but they tried horse in the past and it was unwatchable. the dunk contest also tried the wheel of dunks which was a total disaster. i think there are definite improvements that can be made but getting big names to participate is the biggest challenge. the dunk contest was doomed from the start given who was in it.

I wouldn't say it was doomed. It's just a crapshoot. Aaron Gordon and Zach LaVine (with Will Barton and Andre Drummond WTF) didn't look like a great contest except for Gordon coming back. LaVine hadn't really shown much. Now he's a 2-time All-Star known for being a great dunker and shooter.

Fix the contest itself and there's less margin for error regardless of the participants.

I similarly have enjoyed JJ Redick since he became a Clipper (*insert guitardeac* he actually he got traded to the Clips a week before I played in that CP3 poker tournament and got to ask him if I'm allowed to cheer for him).... but I never had JJ Redick as entertaining cast member of First Take

That seems like a major Brotherhood infraction. Coach K may need to have a word.

Zion probably doesn't want his teammates seeing him scarfing down an entire pizza and washing it down with a 2 liter of mountain dew.

Ok, now it's clear, kaye is running a clult. JJ went to the NBA and someone de-programmed him allowing him to work hard to stick in the league and not just fade into the background like most dook ACC POY's.

Which makes Kyrie make sense now. He was only at dook for a handful of games because his cult programming didn't work and it left him messed up as some sort of chanting anti-vaxer that only plays 1/2 his teams games.

Given the dook history we can all know Zion will fade into the oblivion that is a dook NBA career.

With Koby Altman taking over as team president, the Cavs promoted Mike Gansey to GM.

Good for him, but I still want to punch things when I hear his name.

I similarly have enjoyed JJ Redick since he became a Clipper (*insert guitardeac* he actually he got traded to the Clips a week before I played in that CP3 poker tournament and got to ask him if I'm allowed to cheer for him).... but I never had JJ Redick as entertaining cast member of First Take

Post-Duke Reddick is an extremely likeable dude. Can't believe I typed that, but I will always be an ABC fan. FUCK CAROLINA, even when they play Duke.

The Condor became the Hyena and has the last laugh.

NBA play resumes tonight. A few questions for the stretch run.

With 24 games left, can the Suns hold on to first in the West (6.5 game lead)?

Can the Mavericks get into home court?

Will the Nuggets get Jamal Murray and MPJ back? Can they stay out of the play-in regardless?

Will the Lakers make the playoffs?

How will PG return for the Clips? Will Kawhi play at all in the regular season? Would Suns-Clippers be the most even 1 vs. 8 matchup in NBA history?

Who will get the #10 spot in the West between the Blazers, Spurs, Pels, and Kings? Who besides the Kings will try?

When will Pop break the all-time regular season wins record? Will anybody care?

Can the Heat and Bulls stay ahead of the new look Nets and Sixers?

Will the Cavs hold steady?

Does it matter what the Bucks do in the regular season?

Will the Celtics stay hot?

Can the Knicks make the play-in? Will the Knicks fire Thibs?

Can the Hawks regain their momentum?

Harden to make his Sixers debut tomorrow night.

Suns have the 3rd easiest remaining schedule among WC teams. Of their 24 games left, 10 are against the Magic, Rockets, Thunder, Kings and Pels. The Warriors have 4th toughest remaining schedule among WC teams. Warriors aren't catching PHX.

FWIW, the Lakers have the toughest remaining schedule among WC teams

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/hardest-easiest-schedules-after-nba-all-star-break/pydaqsigmc0kq7jxvbcnuzyr

well they're up 31-14 on OKC in the first quarter going with point Booker

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Last Two Months

JC is still out for the Hawks.

Last edited:
Back