• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Only one of those guys played this year. Murray had 31/13/14, but he missed potential game winners at the end of regulation and the end of the the 1st OT. Poeltl (28/11/8) and Keldon Johnson (32/7/2) both had career highs in points.

Spurs won at the Wiz 157-153 in 2OT. Spurs at Wizards the last two seasons has been a combined 303-296 game.

Not sure if the Spurs BB IQ is high enough. Those were sub optimal shots. Spread the floor and take a 3 and a long jumper? Shockingly the Wiz got the rebounds and had shots to win. Go to the rim, if you miss enough time for a tip or the fight for the rebound chews up the rest of the time. Pop certainly wasn't happy with the 3. And while the metrics would say a 40-50% 3pt shot is better, I don't think those metrics apply when you need one shot to win it, a 50-60% 2 > a 35-40% 3.

Poeltl's FTs are an issue, but I think the only time he really touched the ball in OT was a rb put back.

All these young guys know in crunch time is give the ball to DeRozan and let him work. I was flabbergasted that Pop called a timeout only for Dejounte to just take a closer jumper. I don’t think there was any movement.

Did the Spurs hold DeRozan back or did he just give 'enough' effort in SA. I know he wanted to be in LA, but Chicago is not LA either.

I was fine with Dejounte having the ball, but he should have tried to drive the ball, the entire middle was cleared out (because of the lack of movement). Drive the ball and if you miss Poeltl would have a chance for a tip in.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - You've Tried Wordle? Now Try Poeltl!

Agreed.

I don’t know how to explain DeRozan. I don’t think we’ve seen a player make this kind of leap at 32 years old. He’s legitimately putting up prime MJ numbers over the last several games.

By the way, Murray, Poeltl, and Johnson are out tonight after going 2OT tomorrow. Primo, Langford, and Richardson didn’t play last night and are questionable today.

Last edited:
Poeltl #2 - 3/8

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It will be interesting to see how Harden, Maxey and Embiid mesh. Only one basketball on the court during games.
lol there's only one ball, sure, but two of these guys can beat you single handedly. Maxey gonna get a lot of open looks

lol there's only one ball, sure, but two of these guys can beat you single handedly. Maxey gonna get a lot of open looks

My comment was based on Harden being a ball dominant point guard, Embiid being one of highest usage players in the league, the Sixers used to running their offense through him, and Maxey having the ball in his hands a lot. Each may see fewer touches, but better quality ones.

we are deep enough into the season i feel comfortable choosing my bandwagons for the playoffs. i'm riding with the Grizzlies in the west because Ja is the most exciting (edit: young) player in the game right now and the 76ers in the east so Harden and Embiid can silence the crowd

i reserve the right to carry last year's Hawks and Suns fandom forward in the event the Hawks get their shit together or CP3 gets another legit shot at a ring

Last edited:
Poeltl #3 - 4/8

⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟨🟩🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟨🟨🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sticking with the Nuggets bandwagon. They're my #3 team now. In the East, I'll be rooting for the Hawks and Bucks. I'll be happy for the Bulls, Cavs, and Raptors though.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - You've Tried Wordle? Now Try Poeltl!

No idea what Crowder was doing there. It looked like he was trying to pass to Monty Williams. Can’t believe Monty didn’t just call a timeout.

I stopped watching Mavs-Warriors because the Warriors were blowing them out. I was shocked to see the Mavs won by 6.

Agreed.

I don’t know how to explain DeRozan. I don’t think we’ve seen a player make this kind of leap at 32 years old. He’s legitimately putting up prime MJ numbers over the last several games.

By the way, Murray, Poeltl, and Johnson are out tonight after going 2OT tomorrow. Primo, Langford, and Richardson didn’t play last night and are questionable today.

I think Bill Simmons mentioned in a podcast that Derozan was traveling back to LA to visit his family (his Dad was sick) between games as a raptor and spur. His Dad passed away a few weeks ago, and I think he had slowed down the frequency of the trips back and forth to LA during the season. Or something like that....

He was travelling back and forth between LA and games as a Spur. His dad died about a year ago.

One thing that may have flipped a switch is that the Lakers choose Westbrook over him. That was his ticket back to LA.

MEdVqUA.png

I know this isn't anything new but this front page from the worldwide leader is embarassing. down almost 30, but you wouldn't know it if the numbers weren't there

I stopped watching Mavs-Warriors because the Warriors were blowing them out. I was shocked to see the Mavs won by 6.

Unreal game. Mavs decided to try on D and attack the rim and GS went ice cold. During a 9 minute stretch in 4th the Mavs went on a 26-1 run. Mavs shot 75% and GS shot 0%

Back