• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Suns have the 3rd easiest remaining schedule among WC teams. Of their 24 games left, 10 are against the Magic, Rockets, Thunder, Kings and Pels. The Warriors have 4th toughest remaining schedule among WC teams. Warriors aren't catching PHX.

FWIW, the Lakers have the toughest remaining schedule among WC teams

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/hardest-easiest-schedules-after-nba-all-star-break/pydaqsigmc0kq7jxvbcnuzyr

If the W's maintain their current pace, the go 16-7 in the last 23 games, giving them a total of 24 losses. Suns currently have 10 losses. So anything better than 10-14 (including tonight's game) and Suns end up with the best record in the west.

So, ugh, why isn't Ben Simmons playing basketball right now? Nets are fighting just to stay in the play-in tournament and have a tough stretch of opponents before KD likely returns. So again, why is the completely healthy $35M player not playing right now? You're out of Philly, dude. That was the problem, right? Never seen a player coddled more than this dude. It's pathetic.

So, ugh, why isn't Ben Simmons playing right now? Nets are fighting just to stay in the play-in tournament and have a tough stretch of opponents before KD likely returns. So again, why is the completely healthy $35M player not playing right now? You're out of Philly, dude. That was the problem, right? Never seen a player coddled more than this dude. It's pathetic.

Because if he played right away after the trade it would look like his claim of mental health issues was manufactured bullshit (which it was).

Might take a minute to get in game shape but I broadly agree.

Good read on end of the year awards. This stat is insane:

——

This stat continues to blow me away, so I’m going to continue to throw it out there in favor of Jokic repeating as MVP until it no longer is true. The Nuggets are plus-10.1 points per 100 possessions with Jokic on the floor. That’s two full points per 100 possessions more than the Phoenix Suns’ net rating (plus-8.1) on the season. When Jokic isn’t on the court, the Nuggets get outscored by 10.6 points per 100 possessions. Detroit has the worst net rating in the NBA at minus-10.0 per 100 possessions. So, the Nuggets with Jokic are the most dominant team in the NBA, and the Nuggets without Jokic are the most dominated team in the NBA this season. That sounds like the most value to me.

——

https://theathletic.com/3123512/202...a-awards-rankings/?source=user_shared_article

Might take a minute to get in game shape but I broadly agree.

He doesn’t have to play 48 minutes right away. The trade deadline was two weeks ago. He should be able to start and play some rotation minutes for a week or so.

He doesn’t have to play 48 minutes right away. The trade deadline was two weeks ago. He should be able to start and play some rotation minutes for a week or so.

For his mental health, maybe he shouldn't start, just come off the bench and play 10-12 minutes for some games.

Poeltl #1 - 4/8

⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah. I was wrong on some heights without looking at the roster.

Dejounte Murray still making that leap after the All-Star Game. He's got 20/8/8 on 8-10 fg in 17 min at the half at the Wiz.

It will be interesting to see how Harden, Maxey and Embiid mesh. Only one basketball on the court during games.

Sixers’ remaining schedule is tough, should be a good test for how serious they are as a contender. Harden's passing is such a huge upgrade.

Spurs win 146-143. Lots of midrange jumpers by Westbrook, Beal, DeRozan, and Murray.

How did the Hawks lose to the Pistons? Ouch. That was a good opportunity to gain a game on the Knicks.

The T-Wolves beat the Jazz two nights ago and they're beating them again right now.

Only one of those guys played this year. Murray had 31/13/14, but he missed potential game winners at the end of regulation and the end of the the 1st OT. Poeltl (28/11/8) and Keldon Johnson (32/7/2) both had career highs in points.

Spurs won at the Wiz 157-153 in 2OT. Spurs at Wizards the last two seasons has been a combined 303-296 game.

It’s always funny to a me how a dude who consistently is among league leaders in assists gets pegged as selfish with the ball. He’s selfish off the court but not on it.

Rozier was +46 last night, while VanVleet was -40. Also funny to see Bobby Boucher wearing LaMelo's shoes while playing against LaMelo. I guess that routinely happens in the NBA with stars as there are only so many basketball shoes to buy, but obviously never before with the Hornets.

Back