• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Story out today the sixers “ain’t feeling” Doc

Whaaaa? No way. For real?

Want a crazy stat? Doc is 303 wins behind Pop. If 60 year old Doc Rivers coaches 10 more years, he'll probably break Pop's record. Doc is #11 all-time in regular season games coached and #6 in playoff games coached.

He’s blown 10 games with 15 point leads and has lost 7 games that Embiid has scored 35 this year. Worst rebounding team and worst bench scoring and bench defense in the league. Maybe it’s the roster or maybe it’s the bum running things.

It’s Doc

It’s always Doc

Unless he has three top-75 all-time players on his squad

He’s blown 10 games with 15 point leads and has lost 7 games that Embiid has scored 35 this year. Worst rebounding team and worst bench scoring and bench defense in the league. Maybe it’s the roster or maybe it’s the bum running things.
You don't say.

Would still do that trade 1000 times out of the 1000 if I were the Sixers to get off of the Simmons contract.

Think the Sixers are trying to get the 3 seed.

it's not easy to be EJ, but he did a pretty good job Shaq's-ego-wrangling on Tuesdays, I thought?

i mostly disagree bc i think shaq is / can be tv gold with the normal crew but is incredibly boring with lefkoe and the tuesday crew.

ej is great but i do think he is kinda overrated just bc i think barkley is one of the best entertainers of all time (any industry) and imo still doesn’t get enough credit for how uniquely great he is. so maybe it’s less about lefkoe and more about barkley. but lefkoe still strikes me as having the undesirable combo of trying too hard while also being boring.

i mostly disagree bc i think shaq is / can be tv gold with the normal crew but is incredibly boring with lefkoe and the tuesday crew.

ej is great but i do think he is kinda overrated just bc i think barkley is one of the best entertainers of all time (any industry) and imo still doesn’t get enough credit for how uniquely great he is. so maybe it’s less about lefkoe and more about barkley. but lefkoe still strikes me as having the undesirable combo of trying too hard while also being boring.

That’s fair. The turtleneck bit is legit annoying

3 way tie at 40-37 for the 8 seed. Looking forward to seeing how the Hornets get hosed

You don't say.

Would still do that trade 1000 times out of the 1000 if I were the Sixers to get off of the Simmons contract.

Think the Sixers are trying to get the 3 seed.

I mean you of all people should know what a roster that performs better than the sum of its parts looks like. That’s been every Celtics roster since Brad Stevens started into the post BS era.

The Sixers are consistently less than the sum of their parts. You can blame bad fit or chemistry or roster construction but at some point it’s coaching.

I mean you of all people should know what a roster that performs better than the sum of its parts looks like. That’s been every Celtics roster since Brad Stevens started into the post BS era.

The Sixers are consistently less than the sum of their parts. You can blame bad fit or chemistry or roster construction but at some point it’s coaching.

Now that Ben is gone, I wonder who he’ll blame.

EJ is a both a great straight man and he can get into with them as well. He’s definitely not overrated.

giannis and lebron are tied for the scoring record at 30.1 ppg

how have they not gotten doc some press conference training by now

It is bigger than just the coaching, they spent years openly creating an overall organizational culture of losing, and they continue to reap the results of that. That isn't going to change until Embiid and the last remnants of The Process are gone.

Back