• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

It is bigger than just the coaching, they spent years openly creating an overall organizational culture of losing, and they continue to reap the results of that. That isn't going to change until Embiid and the last remnants of The Process are gone.

LOL. The Process sucked and didn't work when you look at other franchises who just drafted well and made good moves. Sixers fans should be pissed that they wasted all that time. But Embiid isn't the problem, especially now that he's staying healthy. There is a culture of losing and part of that is a culture of blaming talent instead of coaching and front office management.

It is bigger than just the coaching, they spent years openly creating an overall organizational culture of losing, and they continue to reap the results of that. That isn't going to change until Embiid and the last remnants of The Process are gone.

lol bzzdelik nonsense

Bucks have been and remain my title pick until further notice. Just get the sense they've been coasting and can/will turn it on defensively when the games start to matter, and that when push comes to shove, neither the Sixers nor the Nets have any answers whatsoever for Giannis (a problem shared by pretty much the entire league).

Bucks have been and remain my title pick until further notice. Just get the sense they've been coasting and can/will turn it on defensively when the games start to matter, and that when push comes to shove, neither the Sixers nor the Nets have any answers whatsoever for Giannis (a problem shared by pretty much the entire league).

was thinking last night how crazy it has been to be a Bucks fan this long and now I'm seeing stuff like this

LOL. The Process sucked and didn't work when you look at other franchises who just drafted well and made good moves. Sixers fans should be pissed that they wasted all that time. But Embiid isn't the problem, especially now that he's staying healthy. There is a culture of losing and part of that is a culture of blaming talent instead of coaching and front office management.

Embiid is a huge part of the problem. He is a great player, but a loser, and that is in large part the organization's fault. He got drafted and proclaimed the savior while not even playing. Then he spends his formative years playing for a lame duck coach who was literally paid to lose, while the organization openly promoted losing. Then he gets paired with a, somehow, even bigger loser who eventually but not unexpectedly goes completely off the rails. Then they bring in a coach who has wasted more talent than probably any coach in NBA history in an effort to fix the problem. Then the team attempts to build various iterations of a mediocre fantasy team around him in hopes of instantly creating success, culminating in probably the biggest malcontent-for-malcontent trade in league history just to try to minimize the shitshow they have created. How could that circus not mold Embiid into a loser?

Imagine what type of player Embiid would be if he was drafted by a stable organization and coached by someone like Spoelstra, Pop, Stevens, Kerr, or even Thibbedeaux or Donovan? Instead, he has been more than happy to be the ringleader of the circus. If he had the mentality of Jordan or Lebron or hell even Kyrie, with all of the power that NBA players have now, he would have gotten the hell out of there a long time ago or at least reigned in the nonsense.

But that's not an Embiid problem. That's an organizational issue. Embiid is a great player. Sixers after drafting Embiid in 2014 shouldn't be behind the Bucks who drafted Giannis in 2013 except that the Sixers tried to lose and didn't draft as well as they could have.

But that's not an Embiid problem. That's an organizational issue. Embiid is a great player. Sixers after drafting Embiid in 2014 shouldn't be behind the Bucks who drafted Giannis in 2013 except that the Sixers tried to lose and didn't draft as well as they could have.

Right, which is why I first said that it is an organizational problem that is bigger than coaching. But, as it stands today, he is also a part of the problem. Like the stench of [Redacted], he carries the stench of the Process. Unless they bring in a coach or player (Butler was probably that guy had he not got fed up with it so quickly) who has the ability to top-dog him, he'll continue down his path as a career loser.

the sixers were the #1 seed in the east last year and in the hunt for that this year as well. one tough series loss in the playoffs isn’t enough for me to call them a losing franchise.

i mean charlotte hasn't won a playoff series in 20 years, during which they have three playoff appearances with two sweeps in a conference that was easily the lesser of the two for 15+ of those years

talk about a loser franchise

i mean charlotte hasn't won a playoff series in 20 years, during which they have three playoff appearances with two sweeps in a conference that was easily the lesser of the two for 15+ of those years

talk about a loser franchise

Tough to get over the hump playing FIVE on EIGHT E V E R Y night ! !

Don't understand the rest strategy for the Bucks. Giannis, Middleton, Jrue and Lopez sitting tonight for a home game against the Clippers, that they will likely now lose.

Why not sit those guys against the Nets last night, take the loss, and then play them for a likely much easier win at home against the Clips?

To send a message to the Nets I guess.

I’m pissed because I’m in a tight playoff game without Middleton and Lopez.

Don't understand the rest strategy for the Bucks. Giannis, Middleton, Jrue and Lopez sitting tonight for a home game against the Clippers, that they will likely now lose.

Why not sit those guys against the Nets last night, take the loss, and then play them for a likely much easier win at home against the Clips?

To send a message to the Nets I guess.

I’m pissed because I’m in a tight playoff game without Middleton and Lopez.

In what universe are the Clippers are an easier win? The Nets just kinda suck. They have two players, but the Bucks have three. The Bucks played a pretty crappy game against the Nets and it didn't matter. Nets are basically Lakers West. Two stars and a lot of guys.

Clippers, on the other hand, are one of the more obnoxious rosters to play in the NBA right now. They'll play you for 48 mins almost every night, usually in really grinding fashion. They're also approaching full strength, so not exactly pushovers from a talent perspective either. Look at what they did to the poor Bulls last night before DeRozan channeled Jordan again.

If I'm trying to stay healthy and get stars some rest, then I take the Clips over Nets 10/10. (In the East Conference, I would avoid the Hawks if at all possible. They're clicking at the right time again.)

cause the nets are on the verge of being pushed down to the 9/10 game and if you can increase the chances of knocking them out of the playoffs altogether you do it. But I don't get resting people when you're tied for the 1/2 seed

Last edited:
Sixers are like .650 in games Embiid plays. Loser!

Jaylen Hoard got a start for Detroit tonight and has 5pt 9rb 2as at the half.

As I was saying:

Jaylen Hoard got a start for Detroit tonight and has 5pt 9rb 2as at the half.

Hoard plays for OKC. So does Sarr who had 17/9 vs the Hawks on Wednesday.

Back