• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Yes. FTW, that defense was stacked everywhere: Safety, corner, LB, DL...

Some key games for WF's ranking and CFP candidacy:

NC at # 11 ND: Would help WF's perceived weak SoS if UNC beat ND in South Bend, and WF then beat UNC in Chapel Hill the next week
UVA at BYU: UVA probably gets ranked with a win; committee looks at ranked wins, particularly on the road
Miami at #17 Pitt: WF's best case scenario would be for Pitt to be ranked as high as possible if WF plays the Panthers in the ACCCG
#6 Michigan at #8 MSU: Another Power V unbeaten will go down
#9 Iowa at Wisconsin: Badgers favored; if they win, Iowa will drop below WF in the ranking
# 12 KY at Miss State: Miss State favored; if they win, WF moves up
#10 Ole Miss at Auburn: see the two above

If #13 WF wins tomorrow, decent chance WF is in the top 10 next week and in the first Football Committee ranking on Tuesday.

My gut tells me Carolina would be an easier opponent if they take an epic beating at ND.. That team and fanbase are so delusional, if they beat ND on the road, they will be talking ACC championship again and prepare for the wake game as such. I'd rather them be demoralized and humiliated questioning which coach is on the chopping block, with low-energy crowd expecting a WF beat down.

My gut tells me Carolina would be an easier opponent if they take an epic beating at ND.. That team and fanbase are so delusional, if they beat ND on the road, they will be talking ACC championship again and prepare for the wake game as such. I'd rather them be demoralized and humiliated questioning which coach is on the chopping block, with low-energy crowd expecting a WF beat down.

Yep and hopefully the fans won't show up to the game either.

Agreed 110%. Last thing we need is for them to get into a groove and fill up Kenan. Want them demoralized and beaten up. I did want them to beat Miami though because I knew they would lose to ND and no way they lose 4 in a row with the last one to LOWF- too much talent on that team. And yes- if we’re gonna drop a game - UNC is the one to drop- but I have a feeling we will be ready for that given how much our guys have heard about them for the last year- also- our NC kids always step up their game for the Tarholes.

The reliance on FPI also plays into this. That crazy formula still has State with a better chance to win the ACC than us and still has Clemson pretty close to us. They also have Clemson as a top 10 team in the country if you want to know how useless it is.

Definitely. Talking heads aren’t actually watching Wake so they rely on FPI.

This is the correct line of thinking.

The reliance on FPI also plays into this. That crazy formula still has State with a better chance to win the ACC than us and still has Clemson pretty close to us. They also have Clemson as a top 10 team in the country if you want to know how useless it is.

That SP ranking crap has Clemson 4th. Still.

Here's something nobody's talking about. Georgia's opponents then and now:

Clemson - Then: #3 in the preseason polls; Now: 4-3
UAB - Then: 1-0; Now: 5-3
SC - Then: 2-0; Now: 4-4
Vandy - Then: 1-2; Now: 2-6
Arkansas - Then: #8 4-0; Now 5-3 (others receiving votes)
Auburn - Then #18 4-1; Now #18 5-2
Kentucky - Then #11 6-0; Now #12 6-1

Future opponents now:

Florida 4-3
Missouri 3-4
Tennessee 4-4
Charleston Southern
Georgia Tech 3-4

There's a pretty good chance that Georgia will go 12-0 only facing 1 opponent ranked at the end of the regular season.

Arkansas has Miss State, LSU, Bama, and Mizzou. Good chance they lose at least one more and don't get back in the rankings.
Auburn faces Ole Miss, A&M, Miss State, SC, and Bama. Very good chance they lose at least two more and drop out of the rankings.
Kentucky will likely stay ranked. They have Miss State, Tennessee, Vandy, NM St., and Louisville.

They’ve all brainwashed themselves into thinking he’d downgrade so easily

I don't think they're brainwashed. They're just idiots. I read the first page of that thread and had to stop. Not two brain cells to rub together between the lot of them.

I still believe that if Clawson is the guy, he would of had to convince Whit that he had a plan to recruit at a level comparable to our peers.

Who exactly do they think their peers are these days?

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Michigan -4.5 at MSU, O/U 50.5, 12:00 FOX !!!

There is about as big of a gulf between Clemson and FSU as programs right now as Alabama and somewhere like Miss St. Saying that they are both your peers tells me everything I need to know about how stuck in the past that person’s perspective is.

Clemson is having a mediocre year where they won’t be in the playoffs for the first time since it’s inception. FSU has been bad for the past decade.

Last edited:
We announce a new $35 million locker room. VT fans go to war against the idea Clawson could become their coach. Clawson sitting in gold plated football facilities laughing his ass off.

Back