• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

I didn't realize it was that big of a deal to connect flights. The flight to CLT from GSO is like 20 mins. Who cares that some peon in the ACC office has a 2.5 hour layover? Shouldn't the ACC just invest in a jet? Seems like that'd be cheaper than getting a new building.

No wagers yet, but tell me about:

Tulsa -11 vs. Navy
Miami +9.5 @ Pitt
Michigan -4 @ Mich St
Wisconsin -3.5 vs Iowa
Auburn -3 vs. Ole Miss
Miss St -1 vs Kentucky
UNC +3.5 @ ND
Louisville +6.5 @ NCSU
Ohio State -18.5 vs. Penn State

Those are my leans.

Greensboro isn't Raleigh or Charlotte, but it is more happening than WS. Between the coliseum, outdoor ampitheather, Tanger center, other music facilites, if you want to see entertainment for the most part outside of Wake sports, you have to come to Greensboro.

Yeah, that 90 year old arena and the outlet mall are pretty awesome.

Tanger center is a performing arts center downtown similar to DPAC. Greensboro doesn't have any outlet malls. And your characterization of the Coliseum ilas being 90 years old as incorrect. You have some weird fetish with greensboro man

Last edited:

Tulsa -11 vs. Navy
Miami +9.5 @ Pitt
Michigan -4 @ Mich St
Wisconsin -3.5 vs Iowa
Auburn -3 vs. Ole Miss
Miss St -1 vs Kentucky
UNC +3.5 @ ND
Louisville +6.5 @ NCSU

Those are my leans.

Man, the Hawkeyes were so bad against Purdue that they're now underdogs to an underwhelming 3-loss Wisconsin team.

You left out Georgia -14 v Florida.

Tanger center is a performing arts center downtown similar to DPAC.

Named after an outlet mall in Mebane. I wonder how many people show up at the performing arts center looking for some good deals at the GAP Factory Store.

Named after an outlet mall in Mebane. I wonder how many people show up at the performing arts center looking for some good deals at the GAP Factory Store.

or, named after the guy who founded the chain of outlet malls which is HQ'd in GSO

Named after Tanger of Tanger corporation which is HQed in GSO

Tulsa -11 vs. Navy
Miami +9.5 @ Pitt
Michigan -4 @ Mich St
Wisconsin -3.5 vs Iowa
Auburn -3 vs. Ole Miss
Miss St -1 vs Kentucky
UNC +3.5 @ ND
Louisville +6.5 @ NCSU

Those are my leans.

Love Louisville. Like Miami. The rest of them, my first instinct is to lean the other way, but have done zero research. I know you like contrarian plays, which several of these sort of seem like.

Anywhos they are getting the off broadway plays and the theater sized touring acts That's always been Greensboro's entertainment soft spot since the bigger acts come to the Coliseum. Sting is doing a couple of nights with the Greensboro Symphony coming up here in a couple of weeks.

Man, the Hawkeyes were so bad against Purdue that they're now underdogs to an underwhelming 3-loss Wisconsin team.

You left out Georgia -14 v Florida.

As a WFU & UF fan, I have no issues betting on or against my teams in any given week... But the lines this week are such that I don't feel like I have any kind of edge.

Wake -16 vs. Duke - I think we should dominate the game, winning by 3+ TDs, but 16 is prime "back door" cover territory... Could totally see a 45-31 type score in a game that isn't all that close.
UGA - 14 vs. UF - I'm on record over and over again saying UGA is the best team in the country this season. And it feels like a terrible style matchup for UF. But I could see a 24-14 type final... Again, a game that isn't all that competitive, but also doesn't really get out of hand.

I'll just sit back and watch both games this week, hoping for Wake to dominate and UF to pull the upset.

Yeah, I think Georgia is going to run the ball a lot regardless of who starts at quarterback tomorrow. Blowout seems unlikely. It will be close if Florida gets any kind of decent quarterback play out of Richardson tomorrow, but that's a tall task for a freshman.

Love Louisville. Like Miami. The rest of them, my first instinct is to lean the other way, but have done zero research. I know you like contrarian plays, which several of these sort of seem like.

Yeah, they are mostly contrarian. I especially like games where I feel terrible about the side I'm on (UNC +3.5 is the best example of that this week). The more it feels like I'm just lighting my money on fire, the better I tend to do.

For Michigan, I'm hoping they can stay undefeated until they get beat 70-14 by Ohio State in a few weeks. That'll be a nice game to wager a ton on.

I hate Auburn, but I think I hate Matt Corrall for Heisman even more... So I'd like to see Ole Miss lose games. I also have a CJ Stroud for Heisman ticket, so I'm biased.

Yeah, I think Georgia is going to run the ball a lot regardless of who starts at quarterback tomorrow. Blowout seems unlikely. It will be close if Florida gets any kind of decent quarterback play out of Richardson tomorrow, but that's a tall task for a freshman.

Yeah... You actually mentioned it earlier this year (spring/summer)... UF misses Trask and Jones just doesn't seem like the guy (WAY too many mistakes). Richardson can be a game changer, but he's also prone to really stupid throws. But if I'm Mullen, I'm willing to gamble on letting him run the show tomorrow.

But the bigger problem is the defense BLOWS... And it's little stuff like finishing tackles.

Oh well... UF plays easy games the rest of the way, so 9-4 looks like the end result. Meh. People saying Mullen is done are crazy.

not nearly as confident as last week but if i had to make some picks i’d go UF (esp at 14.5), miss st and maybe UVA (though worried about time zone and elevation). maybe penn state given ohio states weak schedule but don’t want to touch them with the distractions.

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Michigan -4.5 at MSU, O/U 50.5, 12:00 FOX !!!

I just took my kids to Wicked at Tanger. Easy parking; good experience.

Totally fascinated with how UM is going to fare against Michigan State. Harbaugh is changing the narrative about himself but has to win games like this and Ohio State for it to stick.

Back