• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

So who else might LSU go after if not any of the names listed above? The accepted list is pretty logical.

• Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin

• Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell

• Oregon coach Mario Cristobal

• Michigan State coach Mel Tucker

• Louisiana coach Billy Napier

Any of those coaches would make sense. But who else might make sense? Let’s offer some free search firm advice.

• Wake Forest coach Dave Clawson

Clawson’s one-season tenure as Tennessee’s offensive coordinator in 2008 — the year Phillip Fulmer got fired — has tainted the way he’s viewed nationally. The fact is that Clawson has worked miracles in every place he’s been a head coach. He won at Fordham. He won at Richmond. He won at Bowling Green. And now he’s got the Demon Deacons undefeated and in position to compete for the ACC title. The prevailing thought is that Clawson would only move to another academically elite school — which would limit him to schools such as Michigan or Stanford or Virginia — but he has won at a school that doesn’t fit that profile. Once he rebuilt the program, Clawson’s level of success at Bowling Green wasn’t that different from Urban Meyer’s a decade earlier. Perhaps Clawson could be as successful as Meyer was at a super-premium program. Clawson’s history suggests he would be.

Also has paragraphs on Mark Stoops and Brian Kelly

https://theathletic.com/2903163/202...approaches-and-where-might-ed-orgeron-end-up/

At risk of posting a freezing cold take, Brian Kelly to LSU is the worst idea I've ever heard.

I’d love to hear why Clawson would leave Wake Forest for Virginia.

Why not, if you can get a better recruiting base, a big pay raise, and a perceived easier path to the ACCCG ?

I’d love to hear why Clawson would leave Wake Forest for Virginia.

Caught that one too. I think the author felt it sounded better by naming 3 schools with good academics and good football. Author got lazy by naming Virginia.

To have Lane Kiffin cravenly go all out to recruit Arch Manning to Ole Miss, only to have to face him for four years while at LSU, would be *chefskiss*

Games I'm looking at this weekend... Please let me know if I am a moron.

Army +3 vs Wake Forest
KSU pick 'em @ Texas Tech
Iowa State -7 vs. Oklahoma State
Ole Miss -9 vs LSU

Haven't put any actual wagers in yet, but I like the above. The games below I have no real read on... But want to do some work.

Surprised to see UCLA as a 1 point favorite at home against #10 Oregon... Something I am missing there?

Having a hard time not taking Clemson +3.5 @ Pitt... I know Clemson sucks, but there is a lot of talent on that team and they've been shit on a lot over the last week ahead of this game.

Also intrigued by Louisville -5.5 at home against BC & Miami +3.5 at home against NCSU.

Oregon hasn't looked good the past couple of weeks. Injuries are piling up. Anthony Brown reverting to sucking.

So USC is 2-3, playing with an interim head coach on the road at the #13 team in the country in Notre Dame and is only a 7 point underdog.

Shows how much people think ND sucks and that the Cincy win is meaningless.

The Louisville line caught my eye too, as well as UVA as 6.5 home favorites vs Georgia Tech.

So USC is 2-3, playing with an interim head coach on the road at the #13 team in the country in Notre Dame and is only a 7 point underdog.

Shows how much people think ND sucks and that the Cincy win is meaningless.

But what wins aren't meaningless by that logic?

Every result looks different weeks after it happens.

Your own Bulldogs (who I have been on the record saying for a while are, by far, the best team in the country) struggled to beat Clemson. That result isn't nearly as impressive now.

For ND, the struggles against FSU, Toledo, & VT still look bad (and probably even worse)... But now that Purdue win looks better after they knocked off Iowa.

You could go through every team's schedule and extrapolate to come up with poor conclusions.

Army +3 vs Wake Forest
Ole Miss -9 vs LSU

Haven't put any actual wagers in yet, but I like the above. The games below I have no real read on... But want to do some work.

Surprised to see UCLA as a 1 point favorite at home against #10 Oregon... Something I am missing there?

Having a hard time not taking Clemson +3.5 @ Pitt... I know Clemson sucks, but there is a lot of talent on that team and they've been shit on a lot over the last week ahead of this game.

Also intrigued by Louisville -5.5 at home against BC & Miami +3.5 at home against NCSU.

I like (love) Wake -3, UL -5.5, State -3.5, and Clemson +3.5. I also like Cuse +3 at VT and GT +6.5 at UVA.

Army +3 vs Wake Forest
Ole Miss -9 vs LSU

Who is out for Oklahoma State this week? Are they really TD underdogs to Iowa State?

Back