• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

Pathetic. It's your players now coach, deal with it and recruit better, but don't throw them under the bus. I remember listening to Grobe when he first came here, when he talked about the players and past results, you would have never known he wasn't it wasn't his first year if you were just going by that. Everything was "we" or "us." Bielema is a pig and not just because of his size.

Clawson would never say anything like that in a million years.

Who in the heck is going to want to transfer to Illinois when the coach is going to throw them under the bus?

Anyone know what the most # of players who entered the portal from one team in one year is? My guess is that illinois loses about 20 players this year.

I think some of y'all are underestimating how desperate for affirmation a lot of teenagers/early-twenty-somethings are.

Bielema to current team: "Hit the road, losers." That message is loud and clear.

Bielema in private to transfers and HS recruits: "Yeah, I said that, but they are a bunch of scrubs. You're one of my guys and I'm hand picking you for this. Just wait until I have all of my guys here. Now let's talk about how much PT you want because there's plenty to go around right now." A lot of kids would eat that shit up.

Not defending Bielema. I think he's a douche. I also don't think this will hurt recruiting like folks think. He's not going toe-to-toe with Bama, Clemson, UGA for players. If he wants to turn it around quick he needs the type of transfers who are unsatisfied with their PT, offensive/defensive systems, and want to be on the field right away for a power conference team. Think the KWIII types. He just telegraphed that anybody can come to Illinois and play now. Mission accomplished in that sense.

Maybe, but this is game week. Illinois plays at Penn State on Saturday and has 4 more Big 10 games after that. Getting blown out in every game the rest of the way because his team quit doesn't make it any easier to recruit. Agree that it helps to offer playing time, but you also have to offer hope of some accomplishment. Also, some recruits have to question any coach that so dismissively throws his players under the bus.

Maybe, but this is game week. Illinois plays at Penn State on Saturday and has 4 more Big 10 games after that. Getting blown out in every game the rest of the way because his team quit doesn't make it any easier to recruit. Agree that it helps to offer playing time, but you also have to offer hope of some accomplishment. Also, some recruits have to question any coach that so dismissively throws his players under the bus.

I think Bielema going to be a bust at Illinois anyway. They need a program builder, like Clawson (not Clawson, but like Clawson:thumbsup:) not an attention whore, fat prima donna like Bielema who if he's not getting high level recruits will only bemoan it, instead of coaching them up.

I think some of y'all are underestimating how desperate for affirmation a lot of teenagers/early-twenty-somethings are.

Bielema to current team: "Hit the road, losers." That message is loud and clear.

Bielema in private to transfers and HS recruits: "Yeah, I said that, but they are a bunch of scrubs. You're one of my guys and I'm hand picking you for this. Just wait until I have all of my guys here. Now let's talk about how much PT you want because there's plenty to go around right now." A lot of kids would eat that shit up.

Not defending Bielema. I think he's a douche. I also don't think this will hurt recruiting like folks think. He's not going toe-to-toe with Bama, Clemson, UGA for players. If he wants to turn it around quick he needs the type of transfers who are unsatisfied with their PT, offensive/defensive systems, and want to be on the field right away for a power conference team. Think the KWIII types. He just telegraphed that anybody can come to Illinois and play now. Mission accomplished in that sense.

Exactly. “THOSE guys were bums. You’re a stud.”

Exactly. “THOSE guys were bums. You’re a stud.”

I just can't imagine a guy like that telling you to run gassers or something, I'd be like why don't you walk up a few steps without hyperventilating first coach.

football coach comparing his team of athletes to a racehorse and comparing himself to a jockey…hmm. Feel like he could have made a more gracious analogy for the student athletes that he is responsible for.

What is Clawson doing for the Manning visit to Groves Stadium ?

Yeah, it feels really gross pulling for App, but here we are.

What is Clawson doing for the Manning visit to Groves Stadium ?

If they don't get based on his grandpa and uncle both being legends there, I don't think painting his name in the endzones is going to make a difference.

Back