• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

What is new OT format? I missed it

After 3OT, teams then alternate a single play from the 3 yard line. Basically it is the NHL version of 3v3 OT which then goes to a shootout after 5 minutes.

Lol wife wanted to eat so I said I could leave during the 2nd OT. Woulda stayed if I knew it’d go 9!

Where we ranked next week?

Curious if we jump a 2 loss PSU. Think we would jump a 2 loss Oregon, if that happens. Probably would pass a 2 loss Ole Miss. Would pass a 2 loss ND. Not sure who else we would jump. Obviously Coastal in the AP. So probably in the #13-14 range.

14 right now with PSU and coastal losses as Illini is not good. Couple other in trouble with ole miss, ok state and ducks losing….

11 or 12 would be nice.

14 right now with PSU and coastal losses as Illini is not good. Couple other in trouble with ole miss, ok state and ducks losing….

11 or 12 would be nice.

I think we settle in at 11 if things go our way this weekend. They've been pretty good so far. Go Bruins!

This is the worst shit. Keep the same format 2 years ago but start teams from the 50

Agreed. The problem with starting on the 25 is the guaranteed FG range. Start on the 50 and it’s 4 down territory and the other team could win on a FG.

Curious if we jump a 2 loss PSU. Think we would jump a 2 loss Oregon, if that happens. Probably would pass a 2 loss Ole Miss. Would pass a 2 loss ND. Not sure who else we would jump. Obviously Coastal in the AP. So probably in the #13-14 range.

Would be quite insulting to not jump PSU. An undefeated WF should be over a 1 loss PSU when it is Illini not to mention now 2 losses. And Iowa’s bad loss last week is showing big 10 not all that.

We want a Clemson win so when we beat them it’s a quality win to get us in the playoff!

Not sure about that. I think a win over a one loss Pitt in ACC championship especially if Pitt can take out PSU later would be the bump to get us into cfp.

Not sure about that. I think a win over a one loss Pitt in ACC championship especially if Pitt can take out PSU later would be the bump to get us into cfp.

Pitt could be top 10 or 15 if they win out. That makes for bigger pregame hype for ACC champ and would be hard for talking heads to keep us out.

We need to be undefeated to make the playoff regardless. We need a buffer in the standings so if we do lose, we can still win the division.

I want Pitt to win. Would rather have Clemson essentially out of the divisional race.

We need to be undefeated to make the playoff regardless. We need a buffer in the standings so if we do lose, we can still win the division.

Exactly. There are still multiple scenarios in play where we end the regular season 11-1 and still don't win the division.

Back