• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

I thought most teams had a good offseason and set themselves up for whatever direction they need to go in. The Pelicans are a disaster. They learned nothing after failing with and then losing AD. Think about it like this. Two players on their 2018-19 roster won the next two championships and a third won Most Improved Player. Hell, Ingram won MIP last year. The Pelicans have had enough talent to do something and they've done nothing. I think Zion will take the rookie extension and then force a trade to the Knicks.

good article, i really think the NOP had a disastrous off-season. will be interesting to see how the zion rookie extension goes, no one has ever turned that down

it's good that a bunch of teams are in win now mode creating potential exciting playoffs/matchups, and it's also good theyre likely to face long term consequences for superteam building opening doors for smaller markets down the line. small homer complaint i wish hollinger had thrown in charlotte in the set up well line

I still can't believe they let Lonzo walk. I hope that one comes back to bite them.

Hornets give Rozier a 4 year / $97 mil extension. I like it. $24 mil/year is at or below his market value compared to what other guys are getting, and I think that is a tradeable contract all the way through with the cap increasing. He is a really good player when he can play off the ball and just focus on catch-and-shoot and secondary playmaking. Plus his work ethic is outstanding and a great role model for the younger guys.

Bouknight looked really good in the summer league and can play both 2 and 3, so this sets up a really strong and versatile backcourt and wing rotation moving forward when put with Bridges, Hayward, Oubre, PJ, and McDaniels.

Ben McLemore is a good 5/25 candidate; Zach Collins too

Hornets - love it
Hawks - love it
Jazz - good squad
Lakers - busy
Spurs - taking Primo way too early fail; Zach Collins will he ever walk again without a boot fail; McDermott I like; Mills and Gay gone I suppose means they can get a healthy big or?

Zach Collins' deal is about half guaranteed.

Collins will be paid a fully guaranteed $7 million salary in his first season before potentially making $7.35 million in year 2 and $7.7 million in year 3. However, his second season is only 50% guaranteed, while his final year is non-guaranteed, meaning he’ll only be paid a total of $10.675 million in guaranteed money.
https://www.poundingtherock.com/202...r-spurs-contract-is-only-partially-guaranteed

Looks like Collins will be easy to cut if he stays injured or the Spurs will need to sign him to an extension if he's productive.

Zach Collins' deal is about half guaranteed.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/202...r-spurs-contract-is-only-partially-guaranteed

Looks like Collins will be easy to cut if he stays injured or the Spurs will need to sign him to an extension if he's productive.

Ok, feeling a lot better about this now.

Ben Simmons still in the rumor mill to Spurs (maybe Wolves) but Spurs would need to give up Dejunta Murray. I was hoping to keep Murray and instead lose Derrick White. Guess that's not enough.

Ok, feeling a lot better about this now.

Ben Simmons still in the rumor mill to Spurs (maybe Wolves) but Spurs would need to give up Dejunta Murray. I was hoping to keep Murray and instead lose Derrick White. Guess that's not enough.

fwiw, the advanced metrics have murray as just a decent player but derrick white as one of the better two-way role players in the league. to me getting simmons without giving up white would be a huge win for the spurs.

The only people I've ever heard mention DeJunta Murray are on this thread. I imagine that would be a good trade for the Spurs!

What's funny is Simmons and Murray's stats aren't that much different given the gap in hype.

Simmons - 14.3 pts, 7.2 reb, 6.9 ast
Murray - 15.7 pts, 7.1 reb. 5.4 ast

They're both great defenders. The reason trades speculation includes Murray is that their skills basically overlap and having both on the court at the same time wouldn't work.

ben simmons hasn't really gotten better

in fact, his highest VORP, win shares, and +/- were in his rookie season

I wouldn’t trade for him unless he was willing to play the 4 and dramatically change his game.

NBA 2021-22 Schedules are out. Trading for Ben Simmons would be one way to get more than 5 national TV games (4 NBATV, 1 ESPN).

NBA 2021-22 Schedules are out. Trading for Ben Simmons would be one way to get more than 5 national TV games (4 NBATV, 1 ESPN).

Hawks went from 2 last season to 19 next season lol

If you like your local (or the team you support) team broadcast, you’ll grow to hate national coverage.

I will miss Marc Zumoff so badly this coming year.

If you like your local (or the team you support) team broadcast, you’ll grow to hate national coverage.

I will miss Marc Zumoff so badly this coming year.

Yeah but now I don’t have to illegally stream games, so I don’t mind having to listen to Shaq and Chuck yell at each other or whoever terrible is on ESPN

Back