• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 NBA Thread - Preseason (and WNBA Finals talk)

i'd prefer that ben never played for the sixers again and we ate his salary and he could just be paid to play fortnite or whatever than giving up maxey or thybulle to reach for a different star.

maybe dame + embiid or something like that gives the sixers the best chance at a ship, but i really enjoy watching those guys play and would be super butthurt to see them go.

i get wanting to keep your faves but do think teams generally hold onto guys like that instead of making a run and end up mired in years of being above-average.

feels like beal would be an upgrade and good fit for the sixers, plus be a multi-year play.

Really wide range in thoughts here about what the 76ers can get in return for Simmons. On the one hand, Bradley Beal who has been the top scorer in the East for the last two years, and at a minimum could be an elite #2 on title contender; on the other hand, un-vaxed Andrew Wiggins, who at best, his career can be describes as accumulating stats in meaningless games for bad teams. Feel like Wiggins type of return is more likely has Simmons looks to be a constant headcase with a career heading in the wrong direction.

i get wanting to keep your faves but do think teams generally hold onto guys like that instead of making a run and end up mired in years of being above-average.

feels like beal would be an upgrade and good fit for the sixers, plus be a multi-year play.

There was a period of time if given the choice between cp3 and Bledsoe I would have kept Bledsoe

It's not a wide range of thoughts.

Wiggins + assets = Simmons
Simmons + assets = Beal

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2021/...art-ways-according-to-the-dallas-morning-news

Think its more likely Wiggins = Simmons

Simmons is owed $31,590,000, $33,930,000, $36,270,000 and $38,610,000 over the next four years. That is a net negative alone as acquiring Simmons puts a team in salary cap hell. The only teams willing to take on Simmons and that cap hit are teams that looking to dump another overpaid player. Doc is talking about wanting Simmons back because he knows that teams aren't going to lining up to trade for him.

Sure. Wiggins is fine for a salary match but they'd need to add assets to make it a viable trade.

In a surprise to absolutely no one, Kyrie might not be able to play in NY because he's unvaxxed

Ben claims he has been working out and working on his shooting. I'd like to see what his shooting looks like if he sets up racks like the NBA 3 point contest and shoots them all (with time clock). How many would he make? Over/under 3.5?

Ben claims he has been working out and working on his shooting. I'd like to see what his shooting looks like if he sets up racks like the NBA 3 point contest and shoots them all (with time clock). How many would he make? Over/under 3.5?

LOL y'all seriously underrate how good these guys are

/ i hope you don't bet your house on the under

There are tons of videos of him drilling a bunch of threes in an open gym or a bunch of jumpers against YMCA defense

He’s just kinda a coward

There are tons of videos of him drilling a bunch of threes in an open gym or a bunch of jumpers against YMCA defense

He’s just kinda a coward

I was talking about putting him under the time crunch of 25 shots in one minute from five different spots on the floor. Like the NBA three point contest does.

Probably 90% of NBA players could hit at least 10 threes in that setup.

Probably 90% of NBA players could hit at least 10 threes in that setup.

I wasn't talking about 90% of NBA players. I was talking about Ben Simmons specifically. I think he is part of the 10%.

Sure. Wiggins is fine for a salary match but they'd need to add assets to make it a viable trade.

Why? The Warriors wouldn't give up anything other than Wiggins to get Simmons. The salary noose is enough risk by itself. Would they add Wiseman or one of their first round picks this year for a headcase? Hell no. It is a buyer's market for Simmons at this point. Maybe Wiggins and a 2nd round pick or some trash like that, but nothing of actual value. The thought that the Kings would give up Haliburton or similar is ridiculous.

Lol the twolves President said he’d do whatever it took to get Ben

The T-Wolves are so committed to losing. Going to suck when KAT goes to the Nets.

Back