• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

hornets should go big with a primary lineup of lamelo - miller - bridges - PJ - williams

4 shooters and a rim protecting big. versatile switchable defense.
Yes, but they can do the same with Gordo instead of PJ. Better two-way player and on an expiring deal. I'm hopeful that JT Thor can replicate a lot of what PJ does if they let him walk.

Over. He played 50 last year, and that was with some healthy scratches the last few weeks when the tanking was wide open. I have no idea what the market will be for him after his contract expires this season, but I wouldn't mind trying to re-sign him on something reasonable. He is a really good two-way player when he is out there. The contract just needs to be hedged towards his age and realistic availability.

This new CBA has teams and players acting crazy haha.

I still dont know why players agreed to this

I like the new CBA from what I’ve seen. I think for players, it’s intended to make sure more vets will make more than the minimum.

I don’t know why ownership agreed.

I think it will have the opposite effect. Most teams will have 2 guys making near max money, some rookie contracts (and maybe guys on their 2nd contract) and then a bunch of guys at or near the minimum.

I think it will have the opposite effect. Most teams will have 2 guys making near max money, some rookie contracts (and maybe guys on their 2nd contract) and then a bunch of guys at or near the minimum.
Pretty sure that team would still have plenty of cap room for 2 guys on $12-20M deals.

The Hornets extended qualifying offers to both Miles Bridges and PJ Washington, making them both RFAs. The Pistons and maybe Kings are the only teams with the room and ability to seriously consider Bridges, but my guess is the Hornets will match, or at least sign and trade.

If they resign Bridges to a longterm deal, I don't really see them spending money on PJ but I guess it could happen. But with drafting Miller, they don't need two 6'9" guys who pussy around the perimeter on offense shooting threes, so I would let him walk. I'm assuming the market will be higher for PJ than Bridges, though Bridges is a much better player.
I have to agree with the ever-eloquent 2&2. I'm down on Bridges but he's the better fit.

Last edited:
The nuggets this year had 3 guys over $30M and then 2 more making between $14-19M. The Heat had 3 guys between $28-37M and then one other contract north of $10M. The celtics had 5 guys between $17-30M and 1 other guy above $10M. The Lakers had 3 guys above $30M and 2 other guys between $10-15M. The Bucks had 3 guys north of $30M and the 3 other guys north of $10M. Then you have the ultra tax teams like the Clippers, with 2 guys above $40M and 6! other guys making between $10-19M and the Warriors with 4 guys making over $25M.

Those setups aren't going to be feasible past 2024.

Harden leaving the Sixers. I doubt they'll trade Harden to the Rockets for one or two young players and some picks, so I guess a third team with a star would need to get involved. Something like this would work for the Sixers, but would the Bulls rebuild?

Sixers: Zach LaVine
Bulls: Picks from Rockets
Rockets: James Harden

harden to the rockets doesn’t make sense for either side but it seems like they both want it to happen

If he wanted to go to the Rockets, he would've hit free agency and gotten a longer term contract (and more $$$) from them though, no?

If he wanted to go to the Rockets, he would've hit free agency and gotten a longer term contract (and more $$$) from them though, no?
Maybe?

I don't know who else wants him beside the Sixers and Rockets. I guess you've got to include the Lakers, Clippers, and Suns in any speculation though.

I'm just starting the countdown until Embiid asks out of Philly.

:towniebatsignal:

Maybe?

I don't know who else wants him beside the Sixers and Rockets. I guess you've got to include the Lakers, Clippers, and Suns in any speculation though.
Woj reporting that the Knicks have entered the chat.

Back