• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

Worth noting that all these ESPN cuts (as well as cuts to Disney+, Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars productions, Disney Parks, etc) are mostly to service massive debt from Disney buying Fox. That’s the same purchase that led to Sinclair buying regional sports networks and driving them into the ground.

Just turned on ESPN's free agency day coverage. Richard Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins still have jobs. So I guess I'm glad they don't make THAT much money, but those were obvious cuts that would have helped.

The Pelicans declined Herb Jones' team option to try to get him on a long-term deal. The most they can offer is 4/53. I'd love to see the Spurs get him. He'd an ideal pickup.

Last edited:
Worth noting that all these ESPN cuts (as well as cuts to Disney+, Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars productions, Disney Parks, etc) are mostly to service massive debt from Disney buying Fox. That’s the same purchase that led to Sinclair buying regional sports networks and driving them into the ground.

Meh. Kind of. It's also about streaming being wildly unprofitable and needing to cut costs for a myriad of reasons. ESPN would rather spend on actual sports content instead of personalities that generate zero revenue.

I like Suzy Kolber (and others they let go), but those people have zero influence over whether or not I'm going to watch a game on ESPN.

Also worth noting that it was the DOJ that forced Disney to divest the RSNs in the first place. Sinclair then wildly overpaid for them and ultimately realized what a horrible mistake it was. Bad deals all around.

Disney bought Fox to feed the streaming beast, or better stated investors who wanted streamers to stock up on content. Now those same investors want streamers to make cut content and talent which has led to the writer's strike among other problems.

I agree that personalities don't determine if I watch a game on ESPN. But they do determine if I sit through ads during pre-game, halftime, and post-game shows which are a big part of how ESPN/Disney makes money from sports. I can say personalities don't matter, but the gap between how I watch TNT on Tuesdays and Thursdays vs. how I watch ESPN on Wednesdays and Fridays says otherwise.

Didn't realize Harden is from LA. The Clippers started working on a trade in the last 2 days. Could just be expiring contracts and a pick. That would make sense for both sides.

The Sixers aren't extending Maxey this summer to give them more cap space next summer.

VanVleet to the Rockets looks possible, maybe even likely.

Last edited:
Talking about replacing him with Kendrick Perkins which would somehow be worse?

Lakers are going to offer Reaves the max they can offer, 4/52. They’re planning to keep Hachimura too.

Draymond 4/100 to stay with the Warriors.

The Suns pick up another former Spurs big man. I like Eubanks and he should fit well in Phoenix. They signed Keita Bates-Diop to 2/5 as well.

Kuzma 4/102 to stay with the Wiz.

Looks like a lot of teams are just running it back.

Bruce Brown got PAID by the Pacers on a 2/45. Wow. Good for him.

Completely missed that the Kings kept Barnes and traded for Chris Duarte. Both are good moves.

Grant on 5/160 to stay with the Blazers.

Last edited:
The Suns signed Chimieze Metu as well. If they keep Jock Landale, that’s four guys who started their career with the Spurs.

Thoughts two hours in:

Dallas and Portland are going to be desperate to get out of the Kyrie and Grant deals perhaps as soon as January. I’m sure they made those deals to keep Luka and Dame happy but it seems obvious that will backfire.

The Lakers made one of the best deals of the day getting Gabe Vincent. He and Reaves were two of the biggest breakout performers of the playoffs.

The Pacers overpaid for Bruce Brown. But I’m guessing they needed to go big for two years because other teams were offering deals in the 4/60 range.

I like Cam Johnson but 4/108 seems like a ton but I just looked it up and Hollinger had him projected at $26.4M a year. So I guess it’s on target.

The Kings have been making sneaky good moves since the Haliburton/Sabonis trade and keeping Barnes and getting Duarte fits the bill.

The Suns added a bunch of nice role players who should complement the stars. But they need a PG. Vincent would have been ideal.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Poole and Kuzma miss a lot of time to “injury” next season.

Last edited:
VanVleet to Houston. 3 years, $130M. Jeez. That’s a lot of coin.

those jerami and kyrie deals, woof

really like the lakers moves as long as reaves comes back

The Raptors replaced VanVleet with Schroder on a 2/26.

I’ll miss ya Shake. 5 good years, and he loved Philly. So many fun memories. The 39 pt game against the clips. When Embiid told him he was gonna slap the shit out of him in a playoff game. Harden making fun of his braids and then getting the same braids. Exemplary of a very late second round steal, glad he’s getting another $10mm.

Back