• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

What are the mavericks doing

Once the Mavs made the trade, anything but this outcome would’ve been a huge failure. Now they have the full MLE to find a wing defender or a center and it seems like a trade is in the works to get Hardaway a new home. Several moves to go but they’ve made the most of their limited flexibility thus far since the end of the season.

“Am I my brother’s keeper?”

“Yes I am.”

The Grizz signed Bane to a 5/207 max. They also got Derrick Rose. I like what they’re doing. That said, whoever gets Dillon Brooks is going to get him cheap and hungry.

Last edited:
5/160 for Jerami Grant is pretty funny, but he more or less had the Blazers over a barrel.

What are the mavericks doing
Yeah I have complained about almost every Mavs offseason since the championship team. And this is the first one I have almost no complaints about

They killed the draft. And the Kyrie deal is what it is. They couldnt not resign him after the trade (I hated the trade). But it is a 3 year deal for under the max. And Kyrie can opt out after 2.

I think the Curry signing points at them shipping THJ as Ish pointed out.

For a team that started the offseason over cap, with one top 10 pick, and the possibility of Kyrie well leaving and doing Kyrie things, to end up with:

Two first round picks in Lively and OMAX (which both fit huge needs)
R Holmes (who will be some sort of backup big and is a perfect lob threat with Luka)
An MLE to sign a player (which they didnt have pre draft)
And Seth Curry

seems like they are doing just fine.

those jerami and kyrie deals, woof

really like the lakers moves as long as reaves comes back
I do not get the hate for the Kyrie deal (and I hate that Kyrie is on my team)

It was essentially a two year deal and quite a bit under the max (I seriously doubt given his history he actually opts into year 3). He is actually making same amount of money next two years as he was before the deal. And he was also eligible for a 5 year max. Considering Van Vleet just made more money than Kyrie, I dont know why the number is bad.

Dame requested a trade. There’s no official ink on the Grant deal. Can they get out of it and do a full rebuild?

Heat, Clippers, and Sixers expected to have interest.

Strus to the Cavs was a sign and trade. The Heat got a second and the Spurs took on Cedi Osman and Lamar Stevens strategy and got a second for their troubles.

And now it looks like Dame wants to be traded to the Heat. But…

Last edited:
I do not get the hate for the Kyrie deal (and I hate that Kyrie is on my team)

It was essentially a two year deal and quite a bit under the max (I seriously doubt given his history he actually opts into year 3). He is actually making same amount of money next two years as he was before the deal. And he was also eligible for a 5 year max. Considering Van Vleet just made more money than Kyrie, I dont know why the number is bad.

As Simmons pointed out the next highest bidder was probably 2/25

As Simmons pointed out the next highest bidder was probably 2/25
Yeah I don’t think that is true. Maybe for contending teams.

But even if it is the moment the Mavs made the trade they had to resign him.

And Mavs also knew they could offer most money. Seems like win win for both parties

Dame requested a trade. There’s no official ink on the Grant deal. Can they get out of it and do a full rebuild?

Heat, Clippers, and Sixers expected to have interest.

Strus to the Cavs was a sign and trade. The Heat got a second and the Spurs took on Cedi Osman and Lamar Stevens strategy and got a second for their troubles.

And now it looks like Dame wants to be traded to the Heat. But…

We have seen players in last decade back out before ink is signed. Would be interesting to see a team do it (though I think it is a much worse look for team)

I do think Blazers and Grant could mutually agree to stop their handshake deal given that both sides did it for Dame

Don't defend the Mavs

Maybe the Kyrie trade in the first place was the huge mistake

But that roster blows ass

It was the Mavs responsibility to punish Kyrie for 5 years of being a knucklehead and they failed to do it

I do think Blazers and Grant could mutually agree to stop their handshake deal given that both sides did it for Dame
I think the Blazers have to. Committing 5/160 to Grant is no way to start a rebuild. Even if Simons makes another leap, Sharpe looks like the future, and Scoot is ROY, that plus a locked up Grant and Nurkic wouldn't be enough to get a 6 seed. Get lean and flexible.

Don't defend the Mavs

Maybe the Kyrie trade in the first place was the huge mistake

But that roster blows ass
I never said the roster was good

I said moment trade happened it was a mistake and would set them back years. Swinging for Kyrie was a beyond terrible mistake

But I don’t know how anyone can say they have had a bad offseason. They’ve done great given the mess that the trade made. And they still have full MLE and possible trades. But they had to resign Kyrie after they traded for him, especially given the super weak FA class this offseason

Yeah. The Kyrie contract isn't that bad. Yes, Kyrie is always a major question mark, but he's still an elite player. If he wears out his welcome in Dallas, they can trade him and get at least a player and a second back for him.

Their moves have been fine. But I'm not sure it will be enough to keep Luka from demanding a trade.

The kyrie experiment didn't work last season

Man.... could they have just kept Brunson for less money?

Back