• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

Mavs will live and die by Luka all year. The team is garbage without him

Suns closing lineup was really interesting. Does not make me feel better about them

uuuh yeah, that was the case last year too and then the mavs lost their 2nd best player

uuuh yeah, that was the case last year too and then the mavs lost their 2nd best player
Indeed. That Porzingis trade was a trade for two years in future. Luka made it matter in present. He will have to do it again this year. But I think they are realistically a 6/7 seed

Trae and Dejounte both with pts/ast double-doubles. Murray with 18/5/11/5/1. Sad my Spurs got rid of him but I'm happy people are finally going to see how good he is.
Sportscenter just said Trae and Dejounte are the first pair of teammates to both get 10+ assists in their first game together. Looking good for JC to get non-stop lobs with one of them on the court for 48 minutes.

What game were you watching? Other than Payne their bench averaged a -8 (and collectively scored the same amount of points as Wood). That was all Booker and Ayton pick and roll. It destroyed the Mavs.
I watched Bench player Damien Lee hit a game winner

Tough to know what to make of the Hornets from that game. On one hand, without LaMelo, they looked balanced on both sides of the ball for the first time in years and were up 20+ most of the game. Clifford has been raving about Nick Richards' improvement all summer, and he was the best player on the floor with 19 and 10 and great post defense, and made Poetl his bitch all night. If they can get that type of production from the 5 spot, that is the missing piece they have needed for years and significantly helps make up for the Bridges loss.

On the other hand, the Spurs may be the worst NBA team I have ever seen, and this is coming from a former Bobcats fan during the 7-win season. They are awful. I don't think they have anyone other than Johnson and Poetl who would be a rotation player on an even remotely decent team. They can tout youth all they want, but it is shitty youth. I get the #winlessforwemby mentality, but it is still only a 14% chance and even if they get him they will have absolutely nothing around him. At least the Thunder have some young players with some promise.

A few obvious negatives for the Hornets: Hayward's haircut is fucking horrific. He dropped 20 and controlled the game whenever he was out there, but I can't take him seriously with that thing. It looks like an ill-fitting, frosted toupee. Cody Martin got hurt in literally his first minute on the floor, and appears to be out for a while. Bouknight played horrible, like he should still be hungover in the drunk tank. I'm assuming he only played because of the immediate Martin injury, but he was a disaster.

I watched Bench player Damien Lee hit a game winner
1. Lee and Payne were the only two bench guys to play over ten mins. That’s not good for a Suns team that has been deep the last two years

2. Payne was only bench guy with a positive plus/minus. Dallas went on two enormous runs when the bench units played each other

3. The Suns comeback was almost purely Ayton and Booker pick and roll (with Paul benched…hence Payne’s positive plus/minus) and Bridges playing really excellent D.

4. Lee was forced to play at end because of Cam Johnson’s injury. But that once again doesn’t bode well for a Suns team with already thin wing play. Lee played well but I’m not sure that’s a guy you want to rely on all year

Several rookies had great debuts.

Of course my Spurs drafted three dudes and two were the only DNPs in a blow out.

Double digit scoring rookies last night:

Banchero 27 (also had 9 boards and 5 assists)
Ivey 19 (3 steals)
Mathurin 19
Jabari Smith 17
Jalen Duren 14 (10 boards 3 blocks)
Walker Kessler 12 (10 boards)
Shaedon Sharpe 12

How does Stan van gundy still not know how to pronounce giannis's last name? Just call him Giannis, Stan.

brook lopez maybe needs to calm down

So fucking stupid that Maxey knocked it out and bucks can't challenge. Fix that dumb shit. Should automatically be reviewed.infuriating.

Back