• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

nope, not me!

i'm basing it on 15 minutes of the NCAAT (real minutes, not game minutes)
from what i can tell, miller's 41 point game against south carolina carried a lot of weight in his eval

which is kind of funny re: this conversation

No. They were wrong because a player who comps as the next Derrick Rose or Ja is a better pick than the next Harrison Barnes or high end Rudy Gay. Even the scouts who liked Miller had him as a shooting big.

You can't sit here and say people who didn't like Miller before SL are basing their takes on his SL performance.
yea i've been a miller skeptic since the whole accessory to murder thing

nah i think it’s fair to accuse people of accessory to murder based on vibes
ok fine

i think it's a red flag that he got a call from his friend asking him to bring his gun to a shopping mall bc he wanted to fuck somebody up and then he did it while conveniently blocking the guy's car in so that he couldn't leave

i'm only in my mid-30s, but I haven't experienced many well adjusted ppl getting into situations like that

i mean that’s not what he says happened. but you seem to know so maybe you should let the arkansas PD know what happened.

anyway i didn’t mean for this to turn into a referendum on that or to defend miller.

i just wanted to make fun of BS and poke fun at how summer league becomes important when some stuff happens that you want to believe/already thought

i mean everyone already knows… it’s summer league

yea summer league is gonna summer league

my favorite 2023 summer league reaction so far is lakers fans ready to crown max christie as kobe's heir

he looks playable, which is a step up from last year, but c'mon

Doing poorly in summer league is a strong indicator that you won't do well when the games count. The reverse is not nearly as consistent an indicator.

I have watched more summer league games this summer than I have have combined for the rest of my life… nba has done a good job of making these interesting.

btw miller hasn't looked good for sure, not pumped about it. but for those that don't listen to bill simmons, i really was just in an annoyed mood more about the scoot hype than miller shit talking. BS talked about how he likes scoot for ROY over wemby, how scoot was a mix of derrick rose and CP3, and then dropped this one: "The Charlotte thing's gonna live in infamy. I don't think Brandon Miller's gonna be a bust but this is gonna haunt them... This is gonna be a disaster for Charlotte. Scoot's gonna be a guy. He just is.. and we knew this, and they didn't take him!" he compared it to the blazers passing on michael fucking jordan.

3 SL quarters! victory lapping! it's all just because this was his take before the draft. his last prospect crush was mobley, who he said was the next tim duncan. but he hasn't mentioned him lately...

I have watched more summer league games this summer than I have have combined for the rest of my life… nba has done a good job of making these interesting.

Plus they’ve added NBACon on the first weekend. One of the headline panels was Kareem and Wemby on the past and future of the league.

WNBA All-Star weekend is the second weekend in Vegas. I can see them making that a permanent move.

FYC, I think the problem is you listen to Bill Simmons. Everyone else on The Ringer is probably a better listen than him.

Random note: Windhorst was on JJ Redick’s podcast and he was really good. I enjoyed it considering I’ve never liked either of them. One of the best points Windy made was that Team USA is what leads to super teams so watch out for the aftermath of the Olympics next year.

btw miller hasn't looked good for sure, not pumped about it. but for those that don't listen to bill simmons, i really was just in an annoyed mood more about the scoot hype than miller shit talking. BS talked about how he likes scoot for ROY over wemby, how scoot was a mix of derrick rose and CP3, and then dropped this one: "The Charlotte thing's gonna live in infamy. I don't think Brandon Miller's gonna be a bust but this is gonna haunt them... This is gonna be a disaster for Charlotte. Scoot's gonna be a guy. He just is.. and we knew this, and they didn't take him!" he compared it to the blazers passing on michael fucking jordan.

3 SL quarters! victory lapping! it's all just because this was his take before the draft. his last prospect crush was mobley, who he said was the next tim duncan. but he hasn't mentioned him lately...

I was just listening while making dinner and yes he certainly doubles down on any take whenever there is even a glimmer he is right. He also seems to hate Charlotte for whatever reason - he and Russilo both picked them as the team they wanted Wemby to go to least. He denies it when ever it’s brought up about any situation but he is often angling to get the things we wants for the Celtics also which is annoying too.

Also re: criticism of Jordan - yes we will do it on message boards or podcasters will but never seems like national talking heads will take shots at him. I guess it wouldn’t accomplish anything but maybe if he heard it more he might have taken it personally and actually tried to be less shitty

I don’t think the national media cares enough about the Hornets to criticize Jordan.

Back