• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

WNBA uses the FIBA line. The NBA line is deeper than every other league.

Keep in mind every year a new 1st and 2nd become tradable. The Suns can trade their last tradable pick for more recent picks. I don't think their strategy is a huge problem.

Any time something can work brilliantly, that’s pretty much what you need to win ships.

Important note: The Suns can still trade these swapped picks. So they're extracting value from lowering the value of the asset while retaining the option to trade the asset.

Townie are you more a Sixers fan or an Embiid fan?

Embiid out here launching his own film studio

Just a reminder that Embiid's points per game dropped by 7 in the 2022 playoffs and by 9.4 in the 2023 playoffs.

I'm not sure which team aside from the usual suspects (Clippers, Lakers, I guess Suns now) would go all in to trade for Embiid with hopes that he'd be the best player in a championship run. That said, I'm curious what Embiid would look like playing with Giannis, Jrue and a bunch of shooters.

It's also just incredibly annoying when players make these comments after being one of the main reasons why a team's frustrating ceiling is where it is.

I'm definitely not subtweeting Joel Embiid, Damian Lillard, and James Harden. If Jamal Murray can rise to the occasion, then you'd think that these guys could too.

It's also just incredibly annoying when players make these comments after being one of the main reasons why a team's frustrating ceiling is where it is.

I'm definitely not subtweeting Joel Embiid, Damian Lillard, and James Harden. If Jamal Murray can rise to the occasion, then you'd think that these guys could too.
Yep. People get mad about the NBA rings culture while at the same time failing to realize a lot of dudes get a pass just based on regular season accomplishments.

Murray (+6.1 ppg) and Jokic (+5.5 ppg) elevated their games in the playoffs in a way that allowed Malone to shorten the bench. They didn't need as much from the supporting cast as they did in the playoffs. Everyone else's points actually went down in the playoffs or basically stayed the same (KCP and Brown).

Just a reminder that Embiid's points per game dropped by 7 in the 2022 playoffs and by 9.4 in the 2023 playoffs.

I'm not sure which team aside from the usual suspects (Clippers, Lakers, I guess Suns now) would go all in to trade for Embiid with hopes that he'd be the best player in a championship run. That said, I'm curious what Embiid would look like playing with Giannis, Jrue and a bunch of shooters.
Probably similar to how he looked with Harden, Harris, and a bunch of shooters. Or Butler and a bunch of shooters. Or Simmons and a bunch of shooters. Odds are he'd be a flopping bitch who plays to his weaknesses and hoists bad shots when he can least afford to. That style of play doesn't appear to be changing any time soon for him.

meh

they said Giannis had a game built for the regular season only til he won it

said the same thing about Jokic

Embiid is good enough to be the best player on a championship team because he was good enough to win MVP of the whole damn league

but the NBA is super talented right now and you need some luck along the way

meh

they said Giannis had a game built for the regular season only til he won it

said the same thing about Jokic

Embiid is good enough to be the best player on a championship team because he was good enough to win MVP of the whole damn league

but the NBA is super talented right now and you need some luck along the way
Embiid doesn't need luck (except the Kawhi shot). He just needs to play better in the playoffs.

Biggest part seems to be health. There were stretches where he completely dominated this season and legitimately looked like the best player in the league. He destroyed the Nugs one of the games this year and made Jokic look small and slow. Defenses change in the playoffs and Doc wasn’t a great coach. Feels like the biggest hump to get over is the damn Celtics, Embiid is 3-11 against them in the playoffs.

The best team was the Jimmy team, they definitely could have won it all that year.

The nice part about all the second round exits is my heart is now closed to them and I am incapable of being hurt again.

Back