• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't there some crazy stat about how long it's been an SEC team played a game north of the Mason Dixon line after October?
assume this means regular season? Biff can tell you about his time in Indianapolis last season.

Why would an SEC team play in Pennsylvania in November ?

Does Minnesota schedule any games in Alabama in November ?

UCF is in boat race mode against Temple. Throwing bombs to wide open receivers.

55-13 halfway through the 3rd quarter.

John Rhys Plumlee has thrown for a TD on his last three throws.

Man, these UT fans are out of their respective tree. Not just on Twitter. They're everywhere.

I mean, the Vols are a touchdown underdog to the #3 team in the nation and your defense gave up 33 points to Anthony Richardson and Florida. I think Alabama can compete even if Bryce Young isn't 100% or doesn't play at all.

BTW, Young was dressed last week for the A&M game and could have played. He's a game time decision this week.

Jalen Milroe started last week. He's a 4-star sophomore out of Texas. If Bama were to lose, I'm sure that Bama fans will let everyone know that they would have won if they had their starting QB.

Last edited:
People were freaking out about Milroe after the A&M game but I thought he played pretty well minus the two fumbles. He’s a pretty dynamic runner. Think Young will probably play though. Feels like this is setting up for a huge letdown game for UT.

Yeah I think it'll be close until maybe the start of the 2nd half, Bama pulls ahead.

From The Athletic's ACC mailbag:

If Wake and Clemson win out, what are the odds Wake Forest gets an NY6 bowl? — Warner M.

Bitter:
This year? It’s a near certainty. In that scenario, Clemson would be a playoff team. And since this year’s semifinals are the Fiesta and Peach Bowls, the Orange Bowl would take the next-highest-ranked ACC team as a replacement for the Tigers. Wake is the second-highest-ranked team at the moment, and in the scenario you lay out, it would knock off the three other teams currently ranked in one of the polls (NC State, Syracuse and North Carolina), virtually guaranteeing it would stay that way.

The trickier situation is what would happen if Clemson loses along the way but still gets to the ACC championship game and wins it. Even at 12-1, that might not be a playoff team, depending on who the Tigers are being compared to. And if they’re not, they’d get the automatic Orange Bowl invite.

So for Wake Forest to get an at-large bid to a New Year’s Six bowl in that situation, it would need to be ranked high enough for consideration. Six of the 12 spots are guaranteed (five Power 5 champions plus the highest-ranked Group of 5 champion). Usually, there’s an outlier champion or two that comes from outside the top 12. But if you’re in the top 10 at that point, you have to like your chances.

If the Deacons win out, they’d surely be in the top 10. But that’s getting ahead of ourselves only six weeks into the season. There are a lot of land mines left out there. Let’s check back in with NC State after that game in the first week of November.

There's also this remarkably petty lede which cracked me up

What was Geoff Collins doing instead of game prep for three years? — Benjamin F.

Bitter:
Arm curls on the sideline? Searching for unique ways to use the letters ATL? Finding tighter pants? I’m not sure

this is dumb to me -- either dress your starter and play him or don't dress him at all

He can throw the ball without hurting himself further, but it's rather uncomfortable. He asked to go in during the second half last week.

Back