• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's interesting to me. I don't see App having much of a chance. UNC is more accustomed to bigger stages, they already had their warm-up game as noted, QB looks good, and the crowd will be filled with Carolina blue. The Heels didn't put ASU on their schedule so they could roll into Boone and lose. Hope I'm wrong.

As others have pointed out, this is is 100% inaccurate, as there will be over30K loud and proud fans in APP State black and gold for this one.*

*the same 30K who have a Carolina blue t-shirt ready for donning as soon as football season ends.

A game with a recent WF common opponents: Rutgers at BC (they should be in the same conference, but not in ours).

Schiano is now in year 3 at Rutgers. That's when a good coach starts to get results, and Schiano is a good coach. Lots of question marks for BC. They have the best player on the field in WR Zay Flowers, and Phil Jurkovec has gotten some NFL buzz, but their OL is a mess, and Rutgers strength is along the lines.

Think Clawson is secretive?

Schiano "released" the official Rutgers depth chart for BC today, and refused to name a starting QB among three players Noah Vedral or Gavin Wimsatt or Evan Simon (all three played in the Gator Bowl against WF last year). Rutgers will try to muck up this game.

Last edited:
Looks like Bill Connelly and SP+ like

Ball St +35
Pitt -7.5
Minny -36.5
MSU -22.5
Buffalo +24
SDSU -6
BYU -12
Ole Miss -21.5
Nevada SU
Rice +26.5
UK -16.5
ND +17.5
Utah St +41.5
Washington -22.5

FbbxpAuXoAQKRZD

FbbxpwvWQAAKVg2

I'd love to see Temple beat Duke.

Big game in Columbia between Georgia State and South Carolina (-12.5) in Spencer Rattler's debut. Ga State beat UT in 2019 at Neyland and gave Auburn a very good game last year. Ga State's coach is Shawn Elliott and was interim coach at SC after Spurrier resigned. They went 1-5 under him, including a one-point home loss to The Citadel, followd by a 3-point home loss to #1 Clemson. He wanted the job in 2016 but didn't get it. Ga State has a lot of upperclassmen returning from a team that won 7 out of 8 to finish the season last year.

Georgia (-17) has Oregon in Atlanta in Dan Lanning's first game. Bo Nix is the expected starter for Oregon which does not appear to have Kirby very worried, for good historical data-driven reasons.

I love some of those projected scores.

Like Baylor over Albany: 46-1

Bill Conley projects that Bethune-Cookman racks up a safety in a loss to Miami 57-2.

Last week, the huge line moves generally won with Vandy over Hawaii, NM State covering against Nevada, Illinois covering against Wyoming.

This week the biggest line moves are:

TN (-27.5 to -35.5) against Ball State
TCU (-9 to -13.5 ) @ Colorado (Colorado in the running for worst Power V conference team)
MD (-20.5 to -24) over Buffalo
Bowling Green (+31.5 to +23.5) @ UCLA
UTEP (+37 to +31) @ Oklahoma
San Diego State (-10 to -5.5) against Arizona (thanks Matt Araiza)
Texas State (+11 to +1) @ Nevada (everyone has figured out that Nevada sucks)
Utah (+1.5 to -3) @ Florida
Miss State (-11.5 to -16) against Memphis (revenge game)
W. Kentucky (-9 to -16) @ Hawaii (crazy the WKU who lost a ton from last year's team is 16 point road favorite @ Hawaii, but Hawaii may be the worst FBS team in the country)

Like L'ville -4 @ Cuse
Pitt/WV under 51.5 (this total is dropping)
Rice +33.5
MD -24
Duke/Temple U 51.5

Also, might take Elon against Vandy as that is a bad spot for the Dores returning from the big win at Hawaii, but need to figure out if Elon has the ability to semi-compete. Last year, Vandy lost to FCS ETSU.

CFBPlayoff Board of Managers is poised to expand the playoff to 12 teams on Friday. Six automatic qualifiers and six at large teams. Would be effective for 2024 and 2025.

CFBPlayoff Board of Managers is poised to expand the playoff to 12 teams on Friday. Six automatic qualifiers and six at large teams. Would be effective for 2024 and 2025.

It would only start in 2024 if it is unanimous and every FBS commissioner gets a vote. G5 isn’t voting yes without an AQ. SEC and likely B1G won’t vote for AQ. Nearly zero chance it starts in 2024, likely start is 2026.

Who would the six AQs be? P5 + ND/Indy or G5? Top 6 ranked conference champs?

So how many games we up to know if you make it all the way? More than Pros. Is that right?

It would only start in 2024 if it is unanimous and every FBS commissioner gets a vote. G5 isn’t voting yes without an AQ. SEC and likely B1G won’t vote for AQ. Nearly zero chance it starts in 2024, likely start is 2026.

Maybe the AQ is why it is 12 teams and not 8.

I still think a G5 AQ is bullshit. They should have an AQ if they have a top 10 team, or maybe top 12 since it's 12. Otherwise, reward the P5 CCG winners and take the top 7 beyond that.

Guys relax. This is just Jim Phillips' ploy to force Notre Dame to join the ACC.

Transfer windows are coming to college sports.

The Division I Board of Directors officially voted to approve three notification-of-transfer windows, one each for fall sports, winter sports and spring sports.

For college football players specifically, there will be a 45-day window beginning the day after the College Football Playoff field is announced as well as a window from May 1 to May 15. The Board also said there would be “reasonable accommodations made for participants” in the CFP and FCS championship games. They will need to notify their schools in writing during the window.

Basketball players and other winter-sport athletes will have a 60-day window beginning the day after championship selections are made in their sport. Spring-sport athletes will have a window from Dec. 1-15 and a 45-day window that begins the day after championship selections are made in their sport.

Athletes who transfer will also now be guaranteed financial aid at their new school through graduation, the board said. All rule changes are effective immediately.

Thoughts?

Power 5 conferences realize neither they nor the NCAA have any clue on how to work together to police NIL in any meaningful way, ask the Senate (via Tuberville and Manchin) to intervene:

the fact that this letter is addressed to...The Honorable Tommy Tuberville...is just <chef's kiss>

I love some of those projected scores.

Like Baylor over Albany: 46-1

Baylor is going to be generous and let Albany kick one of Baylor's extra points.

If we give up 17 points tonight I hope it's all in the 2nd half with your 3-4's in the game. Really need to see some improvement from the defense this year.

Back