• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, he talked about how miserably cold some of the Tuesday/Wednesday MACtion games were late in November when he was at BG.

That's great because it's going to be about 40 degrees at game time this Saturday night.

That's great because it's going to be about 40 degrees at game time this Saturday night.
This is the forecast for Bowling Green, Ohio this Saturday:

Sat 19 | Day​

31°

2%
SW 19 mph
Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 31F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph.
  • Humidity45%
  • UV Index2 of 10
  • Sunrise7:27 am
  • Sunset5:11 pm

Sat 19 | Night​

19°

4%
W 15 mph
Cloudy early with partial clearing expected late. Low 19F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph.
  • Humidity60%
  • UV Index0 of 10
  • Moonrise2:26 am
    Waning Crescent
  • Moonset
I'll take the weather in Winston thank you!

BTW, Bowling Green has not been bowl eligible since 2015, which is two seasons after Clawson's departure. They are bowl eligible this season after winning last night (and so is Toledo).

In other words, since Dino Babers.

Sure but Dino was winning with Clawson's players. What has Dino ever won with his own players ? His only winning season at Syracuse was year 3. I'm not going to research his roster that year, but Syracuse has had 4 losing season in 5 years, with a chance of another losing season this year, if they lose to Wake, at resurgent BC !, and then their bowl game.

it's lame-o week in the SEC, but kudos to some teams for actually playing real games against other conference teams.

Clawson left BG with a ton of talent, which led to Babers' success at BG in 2014 (MAC Runner-up) and 2015 (MAC Title). Babers left BG with no talent, and they sucked after Babers left (8-33).

This year's MAC title race turned because of the end of that Toledo/BG game. Ohio leads the MAC East, and they have been the best team in the conference over the past month. If BG had lost to Toledo (BG was a 14 point dog), Ohio would have clinched the East title (Toledo already clinched the West). BG beat Toledo last night which makes next week's Ohio/BG game for the East title. However, Ohio lost their stud QB to a knee injury in the Ohio win over Ball State last night, and if he doesn't play, and it looked bad, BG will be favored at home over Ohio.

Realistic scenario, imo:

Georgia wins out, #1 seed
tOSU wins out, #2 seed
TCU wins out #3 seed
Southern Cal wins out, #4 seed

Four P5 conference champs with one total loss between them get in. Tennessee and Clemson/UNC-CH fans whine and cry over conspiracy.

would be amazing for lincoln riley to get to the playoffs in his first season at USC

I don't think USC and TCU win out. TCU still has 2 tough games @ Baylor and in the title game, and so does USC with UCLA and ND. PAC-12 has a number of good teams this year. And while TCU is undefeated, it's not like they're dominating their competition. I think they lose 1, and the order is UGa, OSU, Tenn, USC.

I don't think USC and TCU win out. TCU still has 2 tough games @ Baylor and in the title game, and so does USC with UCLA and ND. PAC-12 has a number of good teams this year. And while TCU is undefeated, it's not like they're dominating their competition. I think they lose 1, and the order is UGa, OSU, Tenn, USC.

Yeah, but haven't you thought that way about TCU every week ? Yet they continue to win.

So, Wake loses at lewisville and at the wolpfack to fall completely out of the rankings from #10 over the two week span, but the wolpfack lose at home to DFL bc and stay in the rankings at #24??!

Clawson has said that he loves it when we're ranked and on the ESPN crawl all week long.

Back