• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m pretty sure the refs decided calling that targeting would potentially cost TCU the game and be the ultimate make up call or cost a player a half in the national championship on a chaos play.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure the refs decided calling that targeting would potentially cause TCU the game and be the ultimate make up call or cost a player a half in the national championship on a chaos play.
This is probably what happened, particularly following Michigan's sloppy actions on that play - they just decided not to reward Michigan after they just choked their last attempt away.

98% of the people who think that hit on Harrison Jr was targeting are OSU fans.

Perfect hard hit and part of football. Get over it whiners.

I'm not sure what else a defender is supposed to do when a WR gets his hands on the ball in the back of the endzone.

I'm not sure what else a defender is supposed to do when a WR gets his hands on the ball in the back of the endzone.

It's football. Knock the shit out of him and hope he doesn't hold onto the ball.

I have a hard time keeping up with the rules across ncaa and nfl, what’s a catch and what isn’t, who you can hit when and how hard and where. I probably oversimplified to just assume it was targeting when the team’s best player got concussed to assume the targeting call on the field was right, but here we are. Georgia really squeeeeeked it out, and I thought it’d be a blowout. Credit to them, should be a fun natty.

This isn't new news, but the crowd shots of the Georgia fans really stood out. Strange looking folks, likely from inbreeding? Is this a particularly Georgia thing because the Alabama/LSU etc fans don't look like that on TV?

You’re nuts. The tOSU fans were the nastiest group of pasty diabetic mouth-breathers I’ve ever laid eyes upon. And considering how tough of a ticket this game was, and the required travel, that’s the cream of their crop.

This isn't new news, but the crowd shots of the Georgia fans really stood out. Strange looking folks, likely from inbreeding? Is this a particularly Georgia thing because the Alabama/LSU etc fans don't look like that on TV?

I said multiple times during the game that every Georgia fan they showed look exactly how you'd think Georgia fans would look. It's like you typed in "University of Georgia football fan" into one of those AI art generators.

You’re nuts. The tOSU fans were the nastiest group of pasty diabetic mouth-breathers I’ve ever laid eyes upon. And considering how tough of a ticket this game was, and the required travel, that’s the cream of their crop.
lol

Not saying OSU fans are any better looking but cmon biff, own your (Walmart-adopted) program.

No guys for serious most UGA fans are clean looking, showered, tucked in polo and khakis golf clappers. We’re different from every other giant state school fanbase.

We were in ATL yesterday and we had lunch near the stadium. An older OSU fan came up to our table and said: ‘I love seeing young families. Your family is a joy to watch. Please allow me to treat you and your family to lunch.’

I had no prior rooting interest in the game but after the encounter I was rooting for OSU.

We were in ATL yesterday and we had lunch near the stadium. An older OSU fan came up to our table and said: ‘I love seeing young families. Your family is a joy to watch. Please allow me to treat you and your family to lunch.’

I had no prior rooting interest in the game but after the encounter I was rooting for OSU.
Alternate way to tell this story: “A weird old guy paid me to let him watch me and my kids eat”

That’s creepy as hell.

Playing McCall in the bowl game and getting him hurt may have been 4D chess…

I said multiple times during the game that every Georgia fan they showed look exactly how you'd think Georgia fans would look. It's like you typed in "University of Georgia football fan" into one of those AI art generators.
Didn’t MTG graduate from Georgia? Her district in northeast Georgia is close to being Deliverance.

Back