• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

How hot will Scott Satterfield's seat get if Louisville loses at UCF Friday night with the whole nation watching ?

Louisville opened as a 6.5 dog... Now down to 5.5.

I won't be wagering, but that seems like a lot of points and an overreaction to week 1 results for both Louisville & UCF.

Also just noticed that Louisville's next 3 games are: @UCF, vs FSU, vs USF. That just seems odd.

I think Louisville is just not a good fit for Satterfield, and he's kind of bungled things since the beginning. It's probably hard to recruit, especially in a basketball state without much football talent, when everyone knows the fanbase doesn't like him and it's public knowledge that he was talking to other schools at the beginning of his tenure. That said, he's got one of the best players in the ACC at quarterback, so the Cuse beatdown was a shock to me.

I won't be wagering, but that seems like a lot of points and an overreaction to week 1 results for both Louisville & UCF.

Also just noticed that Louisville's next 3 games are: @UCF, vs FSU, vs USF. That just seems odd.

Lean L'ville, but it's really tough to take them after Cuse just mauled them. This is a revenge game for UCF, and I'm not sure Satterfield really wants to stay in L'ville. A team that is far less than the sum of its parts.

Was about to take UCONN getting a ton of points hosting Cuse, expecting a Cuse letdown. Also, Cuse has a thin roster and lost quite a few players during the L'ville game, but UCONN lost its starting QB, and the back up was terrible against a bad FCS team last week. Pass.

Going to keep taking Duke unders until the linemakers catch up to the fact that Elko is a defensive guru. In addition to "coaching up" the defense, Elko has really slowed Duke's pace on offense (Cutcliffe tried to play up tempo last year with disasterous results). Duke @ NW U56. Similarly, looking at VT unders with Pry as coach and a crappy QB. Also, BC o-line is terrible. BC @ VT U46. Also on GA State +7.5, and UNLV +13 (should never take West Coast teams that I rarely follow; due to lack of knowledge, easy to fool yourself and think you have angle when you don't because you don't know the teams; that said Cal got outgained by UC-Davis last week, and benefitted from a misleading final. Cal has no home field advantage, and while they have played crappy foes, UNLV seems improved.

Took WF at -7. Knew the line would jump with the Hartman news, but can't believe its 13 (or more) now. WF is much better, but Hartman just started practicing and am a little concerned that he might not be fully on. Fighting the urge to take the 6 point middle.

Saw a stat that said teams that go on the road the week after losing as a road favorite are 1-12-1 ATS.

And to be a pedant -- because why not -- the line has actually gone up since FanDuel posted it Sunday morning. Can't imagine anyone else had a line out earlier

So Iowa had two safeties last week in their 7-3 win over South Dakota State last week.

How many safeties do you think they'll have this week ?

In fairness, that holding call against UCF may be one of the worst yet. That call could be made literally on every play!!! Officials know how to manipulate these games with these type of calls.

In fairness, that holding call against UCF may be one of the worst yet. That call could be made literally on every play!!! Officials know how to manipulate these games with these type of calls.
Fucking awful. Would have loved to see the call that saved the prior Louisville drive but the announcers were busy talking about their gym and sleep routines.

These commentators are full of shit too. He barely even brushed him with his back FFS.

Overturned. Biff was right. These commentators backtracking super quickly.

Probably assuming these Louisville WRs can catch.

These teams really suck
So do the announcers. Awful game, but I'm still watching because it's close. Great pick in the endzone.

"You can't tell who has the ball"

Replay clearly shows the Louisville DB with the ball and two feet on the ground

Back