• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEC-It-Just-Means-More.gif

Banner year for the B1G. Maybe the ACC should add Navy.

so why'd they add two schools who get combined lower viewership than the top Pac 12 school

I'm not sure of the methodology, but Oregon played both tOSU and Oklahoma last year.

The numbers are skewed, particularly for the schools on the bottom half of the graphic based upon the schedule. Maryland made the list because they played tOSU (the #1 most viewed team) Michigan (the 2nd most viewed team), PSU (the 4th most viewed team), Michigan State (the 8th most viewed team). UNC played Notre Dame last year (as did Navy).

I'm sure time slot and channel have a lot to do with these numbers. I bet noon games on ACCNXtra+ or whatever it is called will really kill your average.

The numbers are skewed, particularly for the schools on the bottom half of the graphic based upon the schedule. Maryland made the list because they played tOSU (the #1 most viewed team) Michigan (the 2nd most viewed team), PSU (the 4th most viewed team), Michigan State (the 8th most viewed team). UNC played Notre Dame last year (as did Navy).

I bet the Army/Navy game really boosts their average too.

“The numbers are skewed”

Yes. That is how averages work.

Well sure they're skewed, but those brands are gaining value just by virtue of playing against Ohio State and Michigan. Here is a list of the 12 most watched games of 2021, not including bowls. An ACC team played in one of them.

I missed the FSU game where ND embarrassed themselves by almost losing.

Well sure they're skewed, but those brands are gaining value just by virtue of playing against Ohio State and Michigan. Here is a list of the 12 most watched games of 2021, not including bowls. An ACC team played in one of them.

Zero games on the Worldwide Leader

“The numbers are skewed”

Yes. That is how averages work.

Nope. That average viewership graphic was presented as if these are the top teams in drawing TV eyes. Without an explanation, that graphic would be spun as claiming that Maryland football is a coveted football team.

In the DC area, almost no one follows Maryland football. The WNBA Mystics get more run here the Maryland football.

Fight Song

Hail Wofford

Hail Wofford, Old Gold and Black
With poise and dignity
Prepare for a valiant attack
To claim thy victory
Sound the call for the battle
Salute the flag on the pole
Defend our founding father's name
By fighting for that goal!
Hail Wofford, Old Gold and Black
We're proud to claim your name