• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, former USC QBs will be starting at:

Pitt: Kedon Slovis
WV: JT Daniels
Ole Miss: Jaxson Dart

There are 3 QB transfers on the USC Depth Chart:

Caleb Williams - OK
Jake Jensen - BYU
Mo Hassan - Vandy

Obviously, transfers have an increasing influence on college football, but the QB position tops the list.

Former Wake Forest de-commiter, Taylor Powell has earned the starting job at Eastern Michigan as a Senior, after transferring from Troy after transferring from Missouri.

11 games on the 'Week Zero' docket tomorrow.

Austin Peay at Western Kentucky, Noon, CBS Sports Network
Nebraska vs. Northwestern (in Dublin, Ireland), 12:30 p.m., Fox
Idaho State at UNLV, 3:30 p.m., CBS Sports Network
UConn at Utah State, 4 p.m., FS1
Wyoming at Illinois, 4 p.m., BTN
Duquesne at Florida State, 5 p.m., ACC Network
Charlotte at FAU, 7 p.m., CBS Sports Network
Florida A&M at North Carolina, 8:15 p.m., ACC Network
North Texas at UTEP, 9 p.m., Stadium
Nevada at New Mexico State, 10 p.m., ESPN2
Vanderbilt at Hawaii, 10:30 p.m., CBS Sports Network

I understand the special dispensation for playing in Hawaii or Ireland, but why are UNC, FSU, and the rest playing tomorrow?

I understand the special dispensation for playing in Hawaii or Ireland, but why are UNC, FSU, and the rest playing tomorrow?

I don't know. But I like it. It reminds of the days past when some teams would start the weekend before Labor Day.

Boys, tell your wives you will be busy all day, because this is some cant miss tv.

why is Nebraska-Northwestern in Dublin? Would've assumed that would be a Notre Dame game

why is Nebraska-Northwestern in Dublin? Would've assumed that would be a Notre Dame game

Notre Dame is doing it next year. They were also scheduled for 2020 but was cancelled due to Covid. I would assume Northwestern has a good percentage of left footers.

Need Pilch or ATS to give me some picks.

I kind of like Utah St, -26.5 as betting against UConn never is a bad idea, but don't have a read on any others.

Pretty lame slate. The numbers have moved massively so not lots of value as the games that bettors and books would typically ignore have gotten scrutinized.

Light plays on:

Charlotte +7.5
NT/UTEP U 54.5
NM ST./NEVADA U49.5

Like Vandy at Hawaii, but that line move is insane. Went from Vandy -3.5 to -9. Illinois went from -9 to -13 and NM State went from +14 to +8.5. Would lean to UCONN + all of those points. Utah State plays at Bama next week; so, they may pull their starters when/if they get up a couple of scores. Utah State was among the luckiest teams in the nation last year. Also think Jim Mora is an upgrade for UCONN on the sidelines. None of these are with a strong conviction.

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of mentions that something's up. This is going go go over great if it's true.

$450K payday. Likely to be a penalty if they don't play.

Last edited:

It's a 5-game series over in Ireland sponsored by Aer Lingus (Notre Dame/Navy in 2020 was cancelled, as was Illinois/Nebraska last year). All 4 of those teams are committed to playing at some point, so I guess that is why Nebraska is going over there this year.

Last edited:
That would be a real shame for the fans and alums planning to attend the game.

The FAMU fans and alums, of course. I could care less about the UNC fans.

FAMU coaches have apparently talked the team into playing tomorrow. They will be without 20 players and will have 7 OL.

Auburn AD resigns with about one year left on his contract.

Harsin better start winning some games quickly.

FAMU coaches have apparently talked the team into playing tomorrow. They will be without 20 players and will have 7 OL.

did they just figure out their players were ineligible or appealing til the last minute?

Back