• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow money is everything yet meaningless at the same time. College presidents are destroying longstanding rivalries to make billions in TV deals, yet it's no big deal to drops tens of millions of dollars to pay a fired coach while paying tens of millions to hire a new one.

Fisher's ACC Record:

With Jameis Winston" 16-0
Without Jameis Winston: 32-16

Somehow money is everything yet meaningless at the same time. College presidents are destroying longstanding rivalries to make billions in TV deals, yet it's no big deal to drops tens of millions of dollars to pay a fired coach while paying tens of millions to hire a new one.
I mean the fired coach buyouts are essentially about doing the math of how much more the profitable the program would be if a winning coach was installed instead of a losing one. And based on school's willingness to fire coaches, they are either horrendous at doing that math, or college football is pretty damn profitable if you have a winning program.

Or crazy boosters just pay millions of dollars out of pocket to get a new coach.

Oh it's the latter. I guess it's been awhile since I've gone on a rant about how college sports buyouts are evidence of the inefficiency of income and wealth inequality. You've got ADs willing to throw money to see if people are good at something and fans wealthy enough that it's meaningless to them to take the financial risk that they're not.

Oh it's the latter. I guess it's been awhile since I've gone on a rant about how college sports buyouts are evidence of the inefficiency of income and wealth inequality. You've got ADs willing to throw money to see if people are good at something and fans wealthy enough that it's meaningless to them to take the financial risk that they're not.
I'd counter that it's a meaningless financial risk for the school. It usually results in the AD getting fired though, so it's not really a meaningless risk for the individual decision maker. But otherwise, yeah.

It is worth asking if this latest TAMU debacle could lead to a “for cause” firing.

It is worth asking if this latest TAMU debacle could lead to a “for cause” firing.
Pretty damn sorry with a staff of no telling how many coaches, trainers and support staff, players can be smoking weed right before a game.

The ACC just sucks at marketing. Clemson v Syracuse was the most watched game in the country week 8 and beat the highest rated SEC game by a million viewers. No one would believe it if you told them, but it's a fact.

The ACC just sucks at marketing. Clemson v Syracuse was the most watched game in the country week 8 and beat the highest rated SEC game by a million viewers. No one would believe it if you told them, but it's a fact.
Yeah the ACC also had to sit back and take it when their broadcast partners just absolutely shit on their basketball teams all season such that it created a narrative that helped leave the team with COY and POY out. But heaven forbid they were to talk bad about the Ess Eee See. Hell, they still think the Big 10 will fuck them if they host Gameday there even though that conference cut them out.

If Wake and TAMU switched coaches and kept the same 2022 rosters, who would win?

If Wake and TAMU switched coaches and kept the same 2022 rosters, who would win?
I honestly think NIL is going to be bad for a lot of places with money. Having some 18 year old kid making 2 mil while some other starter makes nothing is going to make for some weird dynamics that aren’t great for building a team and playing like a team.

Northwestern/Iowa appears to have the lowest Over/Under in CFB history.

Had no idea our man Grobe is on selection committee. Assume he has to recuse himself when we are in final 6….

So if our odds of winning the NC are 300-1 as of tonight, is that our best ever odds?

Back