• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Draft Lottery - Top 4: Hawks, Wizards, Rockets, Spurs

Went to the hornets game tonight and lamelo was working out beforehand and looked great. Hitting shot after shot afyer shot against defenders. Then he goes to locker room and puts on street clothes and watches his team lose from the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what happens when you delay school because it rained the day before.

I’ve always seen it as a robot reading a book but maybe it’s a Rorshach test.

Nets-Cavs are playing right now.

That's stupid. Really stupid. The only possible decent explanation is if teams feel like they need more time for trades during the draft period. And even then I'd just be for starting the draft at 7:00 and adding some 12-15 min breaks after the lottery and between rounds.

If they're doing it for ratings, that's even more stupid. Casuals won't tune in for only the 2nd round. Only hardcore fans watch the 2nd round anyway and most probably only watch for their team.

Last edited:
Went to the hornets game tonight and lamelo was working out beforehand and looked great. Hitting shot after shot afyer shot against defenders. Then he goes to locker room and puts on street clothes and watches his team lose from the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's been doing that same thing for at least 2 weeks.

I told my son at the game last night that the Hornets need to just have all the players wear those giant metal braces that college offensive linemen wear on their knees and just do it also with ankles and elbows. Maybe at some point we will have enough players to have 2 layup lines in warmups.

Harry Giles has played 3 minutes in the Cavs-Nets Paris game. I had no idea he was back in the league. He's played 10 games for them averaging 5.9 mpg and 4.1 ppg. Good for him.

The NBA already announced the Spurs will be playing in this game next year. I imagine they'll play the T-Wolves or whoever drafts Sarr.

He's been doing that same thing for at least 2 weeks.

I told my son at the game last night that the Hornets need to just have all the players wear those giant metal braces that college offensive linemen wear on their knees and just do it also with ankles and elbows. Maybe at some point we will have enough players to have 2 layup lines in warmups.

Did Mark Williams die?

Mitchell had 45/12/6. He made 15 of the Cavs 32 shots.

OKC is drilling the Trailblazers tonight. Its 118-56 after 3 quarters. I've never seen these crazy +/-'s in this game.

Portland's starters:

Scoot Henderson -56
Doup Realth -49
Jerami Grant -40
Anfernee Simons -36
Tourmani Camara -34

OKC's starters

Lou Dort +45
Jalen Williams +39
Chet Holmgren +41
Josh Giddey +46 also had a triple double in 3 qtrs*
Shai G-A +41

76bee9f4d34323804b34d9d37d7cb4f9.jpg

OKC is drilling the Trailblazers tonight. Its 118-56 after 3 quarters. I've never seen these crazy +/-'s in this game.

Portland's starters:

Scoot Henderson -56
Doup Realth -49
Jerami Grant -40
Anfernee Simons -36
Tourmani Camara -34

OKC's starters

Lou Dort +45
Jalen Williams +39
Chet Holmgren +41
Josh Giddey +46 also had a triple double in 3 qtrs*
Shai G-A +41
Did you make up a couple names for the blazers' starters?

Did Mark Williams die?
Basically. Inexplicable back injury that wasn't tied to any particular collision or impact. I'd be surprised if we see him play again this season. Cody Martin 2.0. As a season ticket holder, it really pisses me off to see an entire starting lineup on the bench in street clothes every game. LaMelo, Ntlikina, Hayward, PJ Washington, Mark Williams. Outside of LaMelo (and I guess Ntlikina but that was preseason), none of these are injuries where the guy went down and you said oh shit he is hurt. The rest of them just walked off sometime and and never came back for weeks on end. There is no question that if this was the 90s these guys would be out there playing.

Both LaMelo and Ntlikina are listed as Questionable for tonight against the Spurs. Would be typical Hornets to get fired up for LaMelo's return only to instead get Frankie N going 1-8 with 4 points and 6 TOs in his Hornet's debut.

I don't pay close attention to Hornets, but saw their "Re!magine Spectrum Center" email this morning and this seemed interesting:
  • Additional Seating – An additional 2,500 lower-level seats will be added in 2025, allowing many more fans to be closer to the action. All seats within the arena bowl will also be replaced at that time.
I assume this means taking out any of the low density premium seating areas (if they have any, haven't been in the arena since the last ACC tourney which I guess was '19), but this seems like a ton of additional seats. How are they pulling this off?

everyone was watching Morey and the Sixers but the real Process was happening in OKC and it's fucking working
I'm already in. Not too late to jump on that train. They have the draft capital to augment at the deadline. Odds are great because people can't get their head around OKC being the best in the west.

who is on the all-annoying team?

talking about their game, not their personality (e.g. Lebron whining to the ref is not considered)

I've got:

Dillon Brooks (though personality does influence this)
Jose Alvarado
Aaron Nesmith
Marcus Smart

everyone was watching Morey and the Sixers but the real Process was happening in OKC and it's fucking working
It's wild. They have an MVP candidate, a top 3 under 22 player (arguably 2 top 5-6 players under 22), several other good young players, and a ton of draft assets. Most teams don't have one of those. They have a lot of questions.

They're tied for #1 in the West. Do they NEED to push in their chips?
How many players are in the core? SGA and Chet? Jalen Williams? Giddey?
Do they package Williams or Giddey and picks for an elite player?
Do they just trade for depth?

Right now, they have the Jazz and Rockets protected 1st round 2024 picks and likely would have the Sixers and Heat 1st round picks in 2025 with a Rockets or Clippers pick swap.

Last edited:
Back