• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest flaw to this “long term” bullshit is that Clawson has given every indication of being a Wake lifer and at this rate Elko will be gone after this year. I wish him well and will help him pack.
Yeah I wouldn't be too shocked if Elko dips. I think the recruiting points being brought up in the past couple of pages are overreactions. I doubt Duke will be able to sustain this

I think I'm more worried about us being at best, above average, this season (again, it's a transition year and I just don't see the depth and worry about injuries + Griffis adjusting), while duke is ALSO above average, except they're the fucking media darlings and even if we are extremely comparable in resume they will get a lot more love than Wake.
I’d rather win football games than get Kirks approval on gameday. That’s just me.

I mean, this is the first game of the season. You're thinking in blinders - you believe Clemson is good and Duke has to be bad or we lose somehow. That might be right, but that looked like a bad Clemson team with a real good chance of going 3-6 in the ACC. Duke plays FSU and Notre Dame, plus UNC. You're crowning them as taking something from Wake - our losing to a #1 Clemson team in the past is not the same thing as what happened tonight, potentially. Beat FSU later in the year, or UNC if they're undefeated in conference. Then they've taken a real step. This is just playing a meh game against a team that threw up all over themselves. It opens up all kinds of scenarios for Wake, end of story. After one conference game that is what matters.

Well, that and Clemson voting to tank the ACC then getting punked by Duke of all teams in a choke-fest. That is enjoyable. At the hands of a Wake coach no less...
I see what you are saying here, and I hope it's right (Clemson really sucks, duke isn't that great and loses more too). I am allowed to bemoan the timing of these games as being a little detrimental to WFU though, because even if Clemson finishes ranked outside the top 50 duke will still claim at the end of the year "record vs top 10 teams +1 victory" or whatever.

Can’t wait to take the boat across lake hartwell there for fsu in few weeks Hopefully, my Noles can keep it close and somehow get out of Death Valley with a win. I guess it isn’t as much of a must win for anyone now with no divisions!

I’d rather win football games than get Kirks approval on gameday. That’s just me.
You can want both, and getting more positive media coverage == more recruiting exposure (especially in today's NIL world where we're also fighting for transfers now too).

Can’t wait to take the boat across lake hartwell there for fsu in few weeks Hopefully, my Noles can keep it close and somehow get out of Death Valley with a win. I guess it isn’t as much of a must win for anyone now with no divisions!

If that same QB is playing, I believe FSU wins by a LOT. That dude absolutely blows.

Some of y’all have serious issues to work through. Never can I recall such a meltdown over a game that we weren’t involved in. Great to see Clemson off their game after so many years of being unbeatable. You guys need to get over the fact that we didn’t beat them last year.

If they keep it up, I can’t imagine Elko’s tenure will be very long before he gets a blueblood offer.

Duke looked good. Also, fuck Duke.

Week 1 in the books. Already counting down the hours until this weekend’s games! NFL starting too this weekend…wonderful time of year.

It's funny, don't recall so many posters after UNC/SC wrapped up posting "congrats to coach mack!"

Some of y’all have serious issues to work through. Never can I recall such a meltdown over a game that we weren’t involved in. Great to see Clemson off their game after so many years of being unbeatable. You guys need to get over the fact that we didn’t beat them last year.

If they keep it up, I can’t imagine Elko’s tenure will be very long before he gets a blueblood offer.

Duke looked good. Also, fuck Duke.

Week 1 in the books. Already counting down the hours until this weekend’s games! NFL starting too this weekend…wonderful time of year.
Nobody is melting down it's a discussion on a sports discussion board lol, talking about the ONE and only game that happens to be televised on national TV tonight

We've got duke fans posting shit like "akshully wallace wade is a better stadium than groves" during the game, and after the game some guys with duke degrees and some guys who wish they'd gone there(?) saying it's awesome and good for coach elko and if you disagree you're just salty because we didn't win last year vs clemson

and the rest of us are just like "well it's fun to see Clemson lose, but sucks that it's duke" and for some reason get called out like that's not a completely reasonable position to have as a WFU fan

Nobody is melting down it's a discussion on a sports discussion board lol, talking about the ONE and only game that happens to be televised on national TV tonight

We've got duke fans posting shit like "akshully wallace wade is a better stadium than groves" during the game, and after the game some guys with duke degrees and some guys who wish they'd gone there(?) saying it's awesome and good for coach elko and if you disagree you're just salty because we didn't win last year vs clemson

and the rest of us are just like "well it's fun to see Clemson lose, but sucks that it's duke" and for some reason get called out like that's not a completely reasonable position to have as a WFU fan
This is cool and all but what tier is Duke's law school?

Anyone ever seen the rules applied like that before?

No, because I have never seen a quarterback start his slide before reaching the sticks on 4th down. If he’s not sliding - no issue. If he slides after the sticks? No issue.

While Clemson stepped on their dicks all night, if they scored two TD’s when they were at the one and made both field goals, they still would’ve lost. And that’s after they were gifted a TD in the first half.

No, because I have never seen a quarterback start his slide before reaching the sticks on 4th down. If he’s not sliding - no issue. If he slides after the sticks? No issue.
Yeah but would this logic apply if he was facemasked after his knee touched the ground or something too (during the tackle)? I swear it feels like I've seen late-hit personal fouls give 1st downs after they came up short on a 4th down attempt to, but could be misremembering and those were just all third down plays 🤷‍♂️.

It still feels like a bizarre way to interpret/rule when the hit happened during the play.

Hopefully Duke flames out after early momentum like App State did last year.

Return of Clemsoning is hilarious, let’s finally beat them in Death Valley.
Hate being reminded that App fizzled out last year but I don't know if Duke will be able to sustain this. That wasn't a convincing win as much as it was Clemson just being bad in every situation

While Clemson stepped on their dicks all night, if they scored two TD’s when they were at the one and made both field goals, they still would’ve lost. And that’s after they were gifted a TD in the first half.
Well that's sort of a stretch, one of those fumbles had a huge return that put duke deep into Clemson territory... and obviously the late interception was them try-harding their way down the field desparately. If they get up on TDs from the 1 they're probably a little more reliably able to run the ball and subsequently the clock down.

But who knows, Cade looked turrrrrible as a QB tonight. Hope it stays that way.

Back