• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke has a great coach, a very good quarterback, and a very good team overall. I would encourage many of you to get over it. We’ve been the better program for about a decade, right now they’re on top. It’s a long season and we get to play them. Chill and enjoy the Clemson pain.

Man, I guess I have more confidence in Clawson than you all. Wake football isn’t doomed because Duke beat Clemson.

It's not doomed but Clawson and Elko are speaking at the same microphone competing for the same audience.

Duke has a great coach, a very good quarterback, and a very good team overall. I would encourage many of you to get over it. We’ve been the better program for about a decade, right now they’re on top. It’s a long season and we get to play them. Chill and enjoy the Clemson pain.
Perfectly said.

Jesus and you're already buying into the incoming media hype, nice.

Clemson with the ball inside the 10 three times. Zero points.

Settle down people.

Good for Coach Elko. Fuck Dabo.

Coach Clawson has built a strong program. That hasn't changed. Maybe that "same pool of players" gets a little bigger now that Wake isn't the only option.

Duck Fuke, always .

Wonder if when they did the renovations to Wallace Wade they even accounted for this many people in the stands.

It's not about sour grapes, it's just about who is doing the beating of Clemson in this scenario.

It's about thinking longer term, we want duke to be as shitty as possible for as long as possible. This isn't rocket science. There are very few schools that can pitch the same kind of football pitch Claws gives, duke is one of them.

You can be happy Clemson lost but also sad duke won and will get a ton of publicity for it. Timing just sucks. If clemson is shit and plays duke later in the season and they win (after Clemson has lost a bunch presumably), it doesn't matter as much.

I mean, this is the first game of the season. You're thinking in blinders - you believe Clemson is good and Duke has to be bad or we lose somehow. That might be right, but that looked like a bad Clemson team with a real good chance of going 3-6 in the ACC. Duke plays FSU and Notre Dame, plus UNC. You're crowning them as taking something from Wake - our losing to a #1 Clemson team in the past is not the same thing as what happened tonight, potentially. Beat FSU later in the year, or UNC if they're undefeated in conference. Then they've taken a real step. This is just playing a meh game against a team that threw up all over themselves. It opens up all kinds of scenarios for Wake, end of story. After one conference game that is what matters.

Well, that and Clemson voting to tank the ACC then getting punked by Duke of all teams in a choke-fest. That is enjoyable. At the hands of a Wake coach no less...

The biggest flaw to this “long term” bullshit is that Clawson has given every indication of being a Wake lifer and at this rate Elko will be gone after this year. I wish him well and will help him pack.

I mean, this is the first game of the season. You're thinking in blinders - you believe Clemson is good and Duke has to be bad or we lose somehow. That might be right, but that looked like a bad Clemson team with a real good chance of going 3-6 in the ACC. Duke plays FSU and Notre Dame, plus UNC. You're crowning them as taking something from Wake - our losing to a #1 Clemson team in the past is not the same thing as what happened tonight, potentially. Beat FSU later in the year, or UNC if they're undefeated in conference. Then they've taken a real step. This is just playing a meh game against a team that threw up all over themselves. It opens up all kinds of scenarios for Wake, end of story. After one conference game that is what matters.

Well, that and Clemson voting to tank the ACC then getting punked by Duke of all teams in a choke-fest. That is enjoyable. At the hands of a Wake coach no less...
I think I'm more worried about us being at best, above average, this season (again, it's a transition year and I just don't see the depth and worry about injuries + Griffis adjusting), while duke is ALSO above average, except they're the fucking media darlings and even if we are extremely comparable in resume they will get a lot more love than Wake.

Back