• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just sitting over here thinking about ways I can use this to get Jim Phillips fired.

Same shit I was doing when I was trying to convince (through falsehoods if necessary) you people Wellman should have been fired since 2010.

No PTI today; the fix is in! Prob have Fill-In Frank tomorrow.

Fill-In Frank was on today WITH Wilbon.

Frank’s son went to Northwestern so they’re both connected. Wilbon acknowledged he’s been a trustee for 15 years. Both were disgusted by the allegations and supported the firing. Wilbon claimed coaches were contacting him about the job.

If Kirby cared at all about addressing this (he doesn’t) he would simply tell the team that the next dumb fuck driving 30+ over the speed limit is kicked off the team with no chance for reinstatement. Super simple. You’d actually kind of think that would be the first step after a staffer died during a drunken street racing incident. He’d actually have to care instead of just trying to pretend a tiny bit though.

When was the last time a WF HC in any sport, left WF to take a job at another college?

You could say Dave Odom to S. Carolina, but that was after WF would not extend him. Jay Vidovich left WF for a pro soccer job and then ended up at Pitt, but can not think of WF HCs ever leaving WF to take directly take another college job in recent decades.

The last one may be Cal Stoll who left WF to take the Minnesota job more than 50 years ago, after Stoll won the ACC. Stoll was from MN.

Coaching is a high stress job, but WF is about a low stress environment as you will ever get in that profession, and as you can see from the many coaches that stay for ever here, you can build a stable career at WF if you are successful, meaning WF will stick with you when the lows hit. That is rare thing in the coaching business.

I notice you left out NFL jobs as to exclude John Mackovic taking an assistant with the Dallas Cowboys.

Volleyball coach left in the early 00’s to take over at Georgia. But yeah, super rare.

Big 12 media days started today.

Texas' last dance in the Big 12:

Kansas giving their fans some swagger before midnight madness:

BYU.... Well, they seem out of place:

Big 12 added Cincy, UCF, Houston and BYU this year.

All other alignments were just G5. 6 teams went from CUSA to the AAC (Charlotte, North Texas, Florida Atlantic, Rice, UAB and UTSA. CUSA got random teams coming up from the FCS plus a couple independents.

Believe this is the last year with Texas and Oklahoma in the Big 12 before they go to the SEC. Same with USC and the UCLA to the Big Ten (lol)

Pretty old
Can’t you recall when WF was going to bowls about once per decade? The Clawson era is the best WF football in the modem era. The Grobe era is second and got things started. I’m 65, and feel very appreciative to Grobe, Clawson, and the donors who have transformed our facilities.

Big 12 added Cincy, UCF, Houston and BYU this year.

All other alignments were just G5. 6 teams went from CUSA to the AAC (Charlotte, North Texas, Florida Atlantic, Rice, UAB and UTSA. CUSA got random teams coming up from the FCS plus a couple independents.

Believe this is the last year with Texas and Oklahoma in the Big 12 before they go to the SEC. Same with USC and the UCLA to the Big Ten (lol)
top 1% of americans for sports consumption right here

If the teams aren't winning enough to make the championship game, then how good could the recruiting rankings be. They carried the conference in 247 recruiting rankings, not in recruiting itself.

Are there not differences in recruiting, development, and what actually makes it to the field on Saturday afternoon ?

Texas hasn't won the Big 12 Championship since 2009. So, either the recruiting rankings are BS or Texas has had the worst coaching staff in the Big 12 for a long time or both. FWIW,

Last edited:
Texas unquestionably has the strongest roster in the Big XII this year, is the favorite to win the conference (again), and had 6 NFL draft picks a couple of months ago, including the #8 pick overall, who was the #1 RB in the nation in the 2020 recruiting class. Does the team/coaches constantly fuck up in comical ways ? Yes, and we all love it. Partially because we know they have talented players and overpaid coaches who can't get out of their own way.

Texas is loaded this year; consensus is that the Longhorns are the best team in the Big 12 by a lot. There are already conspiracy theories brewing that the Big 12 will do everything it can from keeping Texas (or OU) from winning the conference on their way out. If Texas loses a key game on a questionable call, it will be a mess, and hilarious to watch unfold.

I mean, Texas A&M had the greatest recruiting class in the history of college football a few years ago and they managed to win jack shit with it

Back