• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

texas also had a big recruiting ranking boost from Arch Manning, so let's put a ton of stock in that.

texas also had a big recruiting ranking boost from Arch Manning, so let's put a ton of stock in that.

You mean the QB that noted horrible talent evaluators Nick Saban and Kirby Smart were both after ?

I mean, Texas A&M had the greatest recruiting class in the history of college football a few years ago and they managed to win jack shit with it

I expect A&M to be better this year due to some continuity on the OL, as well as some of those recruits. Jimbo is giving up play calling responsibilities to Bobby Petrino, so if those two wind up working well together, the offense should be in good shape.

I expect A&M to be better this year due to some continuity on the OL, as well as some of those recruits. Jimbo is giving up play calling responsibilities to Bobby Petrino, so if those two wind up working well together, the offense should be in good shape.
also: having the best recruiting class /= immediate results. I don't really care for rankings to an extent, but a lot of what goes into those rankings involves what they will be not what they are the second they get to college. That's a distinction i wish people (writers included) would make more often because it's one hell of a difference and would shape the thinking of it a lot differently

Even at the aTm level of recruiting, it can take a season or two for the guys to gel. Particularly the big guys on both lines. 18 yo's still need time to physically mature to compete with 22-24 yo's.

Even at the aTm level of recruiting, it can take a season or two for the guys to gel. Particularly the big guys on both lines. 18 yo's still need time to physically mature to compete with 22-24 yo's.
Did much of that talent stick around? Felt like I remember them hemorrhaging some talent.

Bold prediction there. Way to go out on a limb.

A&M went 5-7 (2-6) last year. So, a 'better' A&M might go 7-5 and to one of those bowls that Biff loves to denigrate when any WF fan conveys a happy thought about the Deacs' current bowl streak. So, A&M will pay Jimbo a gazillion dollars and overpay recruits via NIL to have a ho-hum WF football type of season. Congrats.

A&M went 5-7 (2-6) last year. So, a 'better' A&M might go 7-5 and to one of those bowls that Biff loves to denigrate when any WF fan conveys a happy thought about the Deacs' current bowl streak. So, A&M will pay Jimbo a gazillion dollars and overpay recruits via NIL to have a ho-hum WF football type of season. Congrats.
but do it 7 times in a row and you're a powerhouse

This is a really weird attack. I'm sorry I didn't predict a win total for A&M.

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Just wanted to know if 'better' meant one of those WF football seasons that seems so uninspiring to you.

So what you're saying is it bothers you that I'm not excited by 7-win seasons and losing two straight 4-hour shootouts to UNC-CH ?

I guarantee you the A&M fans aren't real excited by it.

FWIW, don't think Jimbo survives if A&M has a seven win season in 2023. A&M plays Abilene Christian, ULM and New Mexico. So, Aggie Nation is going to want a better record than 4-5 against the rest of the slate (A&M's cross-over games are S. Carolina and @ TN).

Georgia Football department sounds negligent as all hell

Georgia Football department sounds negligent as all hell
wait she was participating in the racing and is suing?

Back