• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re Michigan, the ESPN article this morning makes it pretty clear this is an NCAA motivated investigation to ratchet up the pressure on Harbaugh. It went from being a whole network of spies yesterday to now one low level staffer breaking down video of signals. Oh and btw, as the article likes to point out, Harbaugh is only facing low level violations for hamburgergate but if they can find his staff has done something wrong here, they can raise it to Level 1.

The NCAA takes years to investigate basketball pay for play schemes and never drops details about its investigation along the way until they quietly issue a letter absolving programs altogether of the audio recorded cheating. Now all of a sudden, the NCAA is filling ESPN articles with anonymous sources about the focus of its investigation within a day of the story breaking.

The article dropping another anonymous source from the Big Ten that this is worse than the Patriots and Astros situation is just the icing on the cake.

None of this is going to stop Biff's jimmies from getting all riled up in his pants. Because that is what the allegations are designed to do.

Lack of institutional control. 30 for 30.

Yes, like coaching football at Michigan isn't being born on 3rd base. Come to Wake, Jimmy, you cheating POS, and get to the playoffs and then you've built something.
Well Harbaugh did a good job at Stanford. That program was in rough shape when he was hired and he turned it around fast. I imagine that's what Harbaugh had in the back of his mind when running his mouth.

Well Harbaugh did a good job at Stanford. That program was in rough shape when he was hired and he turned it around fast. I imagine that's what Harbaugh had in the back of his mind when running his mouth.
He had one really good year there before he bolted, went 1-1 in bowl games, and never won a conference championship (and it's not like Stanford was not successful historically before him).

I'm not saying he's not a good coach (apparently with some help), but to say that about Day when he is at Michigan is silly.

Watch Michigan obstruct the investigation.

Does the NCAA truly have that kind of power to seize or even demand access to someone's laptop? I guess lawyers can weigh in but that seems a little excessive for an organization that can barely organize a one-car clown parade.

And btw, I don't have a dog in the fight with Michigan. Just seems a little overreach to me.

Cam tweeted this but I had the same thought yesterday...we had someone stealing our playbook and giving it to coaches and this Michigan shit is gonna get way more investigating

Watch Michigan obstruct the investigation.

WTF does a “military background” have to do with this? Are they implying some sort of high tech surveillance equipment or MI-level spy shit was employed? Or are they trying to identify the staffer without using his name?

WTF does a “military background” have to do with this? Are they implying some sort of high tech surveillance equipment or MI-level spy shit was employed? Or are they trying to identify the staffer without using his name?

His name is right there in the tweet.

1697814320467.jpeg

If he did something positive his military background would get hyped up so it makes sense it would play for this too. “With a military background” sounds much more intriguing.

If he did something positive his military background would get hyped up so it makes sense it would play for this too. “With a military background” sounds much more intriguing.

I think that's what I'm getting at...attempted sensationalism. It's commonplace but still stupid.

Back