• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At what point do they show 2006 title Game highlights in reference to this current game? Haha

Very soon. It already got referenced on their “fewest combined points in the first half” stat.

I’m guessing someone is going deep into the video archives as we speak. They are probably thinking, “Wake Forest won an ACC championship?!?”

Michigan and FSU will have the same number of ranked wins if they both win (or lose) tonight. Michigan’s schedule was much worse than FSU’s. FSU won last week with a backup QB and is winning tonight with this 3rd stringer. How is everyone placing Michigan in without a doubt and leaving FSU out?

Because Michigan beat OSU?

If there are 4 unbeaten P5 teams, it would be hard to leave anyone out. First, hard to put AL over Texas as well based on head-to-head and over OSU given ranking going into this weekend. The SEC does not have a birthright to one or two teams every year. Also, leaving out an undefeated FSU is the end of the ACC (not that the committee cares, but that’s the likely consequence).

Last edited:
Boomer just made a good point; it’s the Committee’s job to put in the 4 most deserving Teams in the playoff, not seek out the best semi matchup. If they win, FSU must go. Not sure I agree but I get it.

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas
Alabama
Georgia

This would be the most defensible top 6 for the committee and my bet for what they go with if the results hold.

Michigan and FSU will have the same number of ranked wins if they both win (or lose) tonight. Michigan’s schedule was much worse than FSU’s. FSU won last week with a backup QB and is winning tonight with this 3rd stringer. How is everyone placing Michigan in without a doubt and leaving FSU out?

Because the CFP should be the best four teams. FSU is not one of the best four teams. They're just not.

Michigan, TX, AL, Washington.

Do they really need 5 officials for the Dr. Pepper Tuition Giveaway?

If it wasn't for SEC bullshit, there'd be no question that the #1 team won't drop after a 3 point loss and the #8 team won't jump to #4 for a 3 point win, particularly
over a team they lost to.

But the SEC runs college football, so here we are.

This…

Boomer just made a good point; it’s the Committee’s job to put in the 4 most deserving Teams in the playoff, not seek out the best semi matchup. If they win, FSU must go. Not sure I agree but I get it.
it was also a good point when multiple posted that same thing on this thread way before Boomer said anything

Because the CFP should be the best four teams. FSU is not one of the best four teams. They're just not.

Michigan, TX, AL, Washington.
2b0dc38c8173dbb6cbe6284e27500a1e.gif

Why wouldn’t you agree with this? Why would we even play games then? Just see who has the best recruiting classes and put them in the playoffs.

Michigan
Washington
FSU
Texas
Alabama
Georgia

This would be the most defensible top 6 for the committee and my bet for what they go with if the results hold.

The CFP is a made for TV extravaganza. TV is entertainment.

Pick the four most entertaining teams-WA, TX, GA, AL.

As we are seeing tonight, MI and FSU are just not very entertaining.

Back