• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no way the committee members were going to deal with the fallout of excluding Alabama from the wrath of Saban to deaths threats from some of their crazy inbred fans.

There is strong push to decline any bowl game. It sucks but I expected it. My Braves and 49ers prepared me well for another moment.
Turning down the $30,000,000+ Orange Bowl payout would kind of poke a hole in their argument about needing to leave the ACC because of money.

As much I would have liked to have seen the SEC shutout entirely for the sheer giggles and as much as I would have liked Mich to play a gimped FSU team, that would have felt really cheap.

I don't think the ACC got screwed. If FSU has Travis and plays well against LOU, they're in. If FSU puts LOU away in convincing fashion, they're in. FSU came out and won the game but certainly didn't look dominant.

And ultimately the committees job is to find the best 4 teams.

Now...where is Biff?

As much I would have liked to have seen the SEC shutout entirely for the sheer giggles and as much as I would have liked Mich to play a gimped FSU team, that would have felt really cheap.

I don't think the ACC got screwed. If FSU has Travis and plays well against LOU, they're in. If FSU puts LOU away in convincing fashion, they're in. FSU came out and won the game but certainly didn't look dominant.

Now...where is Biff?
How did they not look dominant? Is defense not half of the game? Louisville never had a prayer after the half.

Any the Governor has weighed in.

“What we learned today is that you can go undefeated and win your conference championship game, but the College Football Playoff committee will ignore these results.

Congratulations to @FSUFootball on an outstanding season and winning the ACC championship!”

Has Stankey come out with his statement on the outrage of Georgia being left out yet?

Committee got it right. Sorry, y'all.

FSU's SOS being 55th is pretty hard to argue against. Woof that's awful.

My problem with the SOS argument is FSU played Florida and LSU OOC and won both

The ACC also has more teams over .500 than Big Ten

Michigan played nobody other than OSU and maybe Iowa. But their SOS gets significantly boosted with OSU. It’s crap. They have played dogshit teams

My problem with the SOS argument is FSU played Florida and LSU OOC and won both

The ACC also has more teams over .500 than Big Ten

Michigan played nobody other than OSU and maybe Iowa. But their SOS gets significantly boosted with OSU. It’s crap. They have played dogshit teams
They played at Penn State.

Agree with the two points made around:

• if UGa had won i think they would have put FSU in over Texas. Bama and Texas were a package deal because they had to have an SEC team and then they had to put UT in because of the H2H.
  • totally agree if the test is “how good are they now” (which is essentially seeing who would be Vegas favorite in matchup ) then FSU should have been like 8th or something. They would be dogs against UGA and tOSU for sure. They just make shit up along the way.

oh well great for ratings and i guess last year of this. Won’t be the same when it’s team 12 vs. 13 - it’ll be more like teams not making NCAA tournament with a 24 hour news cycle and then move on.

Now...where is Biff?
By this failed logic, WF should not have been invited to the NCAA Tourney after Rutland was injured in the ACCCG.

How did they not look dominant? Is defense not half of the game? Louisville never had a prayer after the half.

FSU was 2-16 on 3rd down. Their QB was 8-21. It only gets harder from here if they're in the CFP. And it wasn't a scenario where they could just coast in get the W and go home. They knew there were questions.

When you measure that against Bama beating UGA, yeah...

FSU was 2-16 on 3rd down. Their QB was 8-21. It only gets harder from here if they're in the CFP. And it wasn't a scenario where they could just coast in get the W and go home. They knew there were questions.

Except their second string QB would’ve been able to play in the CFP, they wouldn’t have to play the true freshman from last night

So you agree defense don’t win championships and ignored what their defense did.

Any the Governor has weighed in.

“What we learned today is that you can go undefeated and win your conference championship game, but the College Football Playoff committee will ignore these results.

Congratulations to @FSUFootball on an outstanding season and winning the ACC championship!”

We could use some of that “rigged election” energy now.

The SOS disparity makes me question the SOS formula. The ACC has 11 teams .500 or better. FSU beat two SEC teams including one of the better ones. Seems like the disparity shouldn’t be THAT big.

Back