• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just occurred to me that Liberty got the NY6 bowl over SMU because it would be a complement embarrassment to end the season with either three undefeated teams or a one loss champ and two undefeated teams.
The best part of this is the committee admitted that.

They directly said Liberty over SMU because they hadn’t lost yet hahaha

Noles' QB alum EJ Manuel on ACCN speaking the truth- he's "pissed".

Guess that's FCC safe.

Fsu isn’t gonna skip the Orange Bowl. Norvell is a lot smarter than all the emotional fans and alumni. Granted it’s gonna be a small fraction of starters playing for either team. Keon Coleman has already announced and both teams already have portal announcements. Army-Navy will be better than OB granted it’s better than most college games.

I will say this. FSU should have spent the last year hyping up the ACC instead of trying to leave. They contributed to the lack of respect for the ACC.
Yes all this - plus a little bit bad luck that it was FSU and a bunch of “ok to good” (Clemson, UNC, State, Dook w Leonard, i guess ‘ville but i have no idea how they made the ACCCG). They needed a strong foil like Clemson from years gone by to make their resume look better. Plus LSU being good but not great didn’t help.

I don't give a hoot about FSU or even about the ACC getting snubbed. The lack of logic and the hypocrisy is what pisses me off.

I was going to type out all my arguments but, never mind. I am sure all the arguments have already been made, both ways.

I think the reason this bugs me so much is that this decision means that the members of the committee put their egos and their opinions above the results on the field. They elevated their own position in the process way beyond where it should be. What mattered in the end was which team they think is better - not which team most deserved it.

I'm sure they thought Oregon was the better team before the second Oregon-Wash. match-up, too. They obviously thought GA was a better team than ALA until ALA beat them - I mean they were ranked 7 spots higher. Their opinion as to who is better is far from infallible - that is why you rely on results on the field. I really don't care if FSU would have been crushed in the semis - they earned a shot.

The fact of the matter is that it has never been about the 4 best teams - it is about the 4 teams that have earned a spot with their year-long performance. Almost every year there is at least one team that lost a game early or something and, as of selection time, has a great argument that they are one of the best 4 teams - but they don't make it because they didn't earn it on the field. They lost.

Hell, if it is really about the 4 teams that the committee thinks are the best 4 teams in the country I am certain the committee would tell you that Georgia is also better than FSU or TX - so why not put them in too? This decision really hurts the integrity of the process and my interest level in the playoffs.

The Bama win and subsequent CFP invite really highlights the committee's blind loyalty to the ess ee see. Heaven forbid a fucking ess ee see team isn't in the CFP. There's no way they could live with themselves

I'm surprised nobody is talking about NC State's AD being the head of the 13 member selection committee and one of the remaining 12 being Jim "Take a Knee" Grobe.

Seems like Boo sent a straight up Fuck You to FSU. The Mitt Shaw tweet seems like the same story.

The Bama win and subsequent CFP invite really highlights the committee's blind loyalty to the ess ee see. Heaven forbid a fucking ess ee see team isn't in the CFP. There's no way they could live with themselves

Paul Finebald would have had to take a darkness retreat.

Back