• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you take a job as a position coach who still has to deal with recruiting, NIL, making less money, and doing your job someone else’s way?

I mean I get it when going from college to the NFL, but some of these moves seem more like guys who knew they were gonna get fired next season so they went for a soft landing spot instead or in the case with Bama, they know it’s a better chance for a bigger job in the future.

I just don’t think these moves are all one size fits all.
So you take a job where your entire world doesn't hinge on NIL and the portal, probably NOT less money and in fact more in most of these cases, and you can possibly sleep at night despite not being the boss and in fact because you're not the boss. Outside of about 3 head coaches in college football, you are always 1-2 years away from getting fired. Or dead from a heart attack.

Wierd move for an AD to leave an SEC school for an Arizona school moving from the Pac-12 to the Big-12. Supposedly she's taking a pay cut too. Mizzou football is in a great place, but Mizzou basketball is not.

When I was in grad school at Arizona we jokingly referred to it as UC-Tucson due to the high volume of California students who wound up there. Supposedly that number has only increased and California student make up roughly 20% of the undergrad population.

They have announced the CFP playoff format for 2024:

Although unlikely, I guess this format leaves open the possibility that if a team in a power conference has a decent season, but not great, and they pull an upset in the Conference CG, they might not get an auto bid if there are two non-power conference champs rated higher.

They have announced the CFP playoff format for 2024:

Although unlikely, I guess this format leaves open the possibility that if a team in a power conference has a decent season, but not great, and they pull an upset in the Conference CG, they might not get an auto bid if there are two non-power conference champs rated higher.

It’s certainly possible. Could be as simple as a 9-3 (7-1) ACC champ finishing behind undefeated and/or one-loss AAC and Sun Belt champs.

JFC my office is off of 54 right near there. Insane for someone to be going 124 (!!!) on that stretch of road. Awful.

Awful. I can't imagine going that fast on that road regardless of whether there's another car on the road. Plenty of stoplights to deal with there.

But aren’t you a UGA fan?
Where have I endorsed driving 125 miles per hour and killing a passenger ? I think you should look to other posters if you’re trying to find someone who makes jokes about it. All I’ve ever said about Georgia players driving like maniacs is that young men that age are known to get a dis proptionatw nimbernof speeding tickets. I generally ignore the conversation because some folks like to joke about a tragedy.

Looks like playoff expansion to 14 or 16 is going to happen in 2026.

Back