• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is weird; the 10 Pac 12 schools that left the conference will play in the Pac-12 affliated bowls for the next two years, unless they make the 12 team CFP:

Pretty crazy. He was at USC for 6 years, mostly under Spurrier, for 5 years before Beamer got there. Beamer needs to win now.

Pretty crazy. He was at USC for 6 years, mostly under Spurrier, for 5 years before Beamer got there. Beamer needs to win now.
He’s definitely entering a position with less job stability as I assume Beamer has basically no job security.

GA State lost a ton of players to the transfer portal (17), including a ton of skill position players. His QB Darren Grainger is out of eligibility, and his #2 QB entered the portal.

Elliott knew a bad season was coming and he was going to get fired. FWIW, not a great look that WF has scheduled a home and home with GA State given their HC left to be a position coach at S. Carolina. GA State opens against GT.

FWIW, the Sun Belt still has not announced its conference schedule for 2024. Pretty rinky dink.

Nobody wants to be a head coach in college football anymore with NIL and portal. I don't blame them.
So you take a job as a position coach who still has to deal with recruiting, NIL, making less money, and doing your job someone else’s way?

I mean I get it when going from college to the NFL, but some of these moves seem more like guys who knew they were gonna get fired next season so they went for a soft landing spot instead or in the case with Bama, they know it’s a better chance for a bigger job in the future.

I just don’t think these moves are all one size fits all.

GA State lost a ton of players to the transfer portal (17), including a ton of skill position players. His QB Darren Grainger is out of eligibility, and his #2 QB entered the portal.

Elliott knew a bad season was coming and he was going to get fired. FWIW, not a great look that WF has scheduled a home and home with GA State given their HC left to be a position coach at S. Carolina. GA State opens against GT.

FWIW, the Sun Belt still has not announced its conference schedule for 2024. Pretty rinky dink.

I’m sure Georgia State will be fine by 2030. That game is more about getting a road game near a bunch of our fans in good recruiting territory.

I’m sure Georgia State will be fine by 2030. That game is more about getting a road game near a bunch of our fans in good recruiting territory.
GT is in WF's conference; they play in Atlanta, and no recruit that WF is interested in going to decide to attend WF because the Deacs play at Georgia State in front of 7,000 people.

GT is in WF's conference; they play in Atlanta, and no recruit that WF is interested in going to decide to attend WF because the Deacs play at Georgia State in front of 7,000 people.
Yeah, but they play at the old Turner Field!

And it's more like 15,000 people.

But yeah, nobody cares about Georgia State football.

Wake should play in Atlanta as often as possible. The big crowd for the Tech game last week is evidence of that. If I remember correctly, the Georgia State series was scheduled even before the 3-3-5 schedule was announced so it wasn’t clear when the next game in Atlanta would even be.

I don’t know all the recruiting dynamics but I’m guessing a future recruit may be more likely to attend Wake if we have a game scheduled near his home for 2030. A player in the 2030 class may like to have a coach at their game on Friday night.

Back