• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, the SEC has only 14 teams!? Are they not under the same ESPN requirement that applies to the ACC of having no less than 15 teams?

Miss State is going to be awful. Hugh Freeze will steal a couple of games at Auburn. Kentucky will play a ton of low-scoring games and win more of them then they should. Ole Miss could be a surprise team.

Miss State is going to be awful. Hugh Freeze will steal a couple of games at Auburn. Kentucky will play a ton of low-scoring games and win more of them then they should. Ole Miss could be a surprise team.

Devin Leary is going to light up the scoreboard.
I could easily flip auburn and Mississippi State, especially since State is going away from the Air Raid after Lynch's death.

Bothroyd a starter at OU, which should surprise nobody who has watched an OU defense for the last several years. The Oklahoma Breakdown podcast has two former players, both of whom played some in the NFL, who have consistently said since spring that he was the most consistent performer along the line. Not flashy or the most athletic, but does everything right.

Bama has a lot of proponents this year and a lot of doubters.

Pros: Nick Saban, OL, Secondary, Millroe is really athletic at QB, motivated by revenge
Cons: Two new coordinators, average WRs, Millroe hasn't mastered the passing game, killer instinct?

Despite all of that many are picking them to win the SEC East, the SEC, and even the CFP. I'm high on Alabama and the story is that they're going to line up and brutalize you. We'll see.

The new coordinators are a net positive, imo. Kevin Steele is an upgrade and there’s virtually no learning curve considering his history with Saban. I know less about Rees, but O’Brien wasn’t a great fit. I think it helps Rees that there’ll be a new QB because it sorta forces a change in approach rather than relying on Bryce Young’s talent.

Auburn won’t finish last in the West. They’re better than MSU and play them at home. Also, they’ll beat someone they shouldn’t, probably Ole Miss but maybe Bama.

Bama has a lot of proponents this year and a lot of doubters.

Pros: Nick Saban, OL, Secondary, Millroe is really athletic at QB, motivated by revenge
Cons: Two new coordinators, average WRs, Millroe hasn't mastered the passing game, killer instinct?

Despite all of that many are picking them to win the SEC East, the SEC, and even the CFP. I'm high on Alabama and the story is that they're going to line up and brutalize you. We'll see.
Bama gonna win the East and the West too? Who says Saban has doubters

Bothroyd a starter at OU, which should surprise nobody who has watched an OU defense for the last several years. The Oklahoma Breakdown podcast has two former players, both of whom played some in the NFL, who have consistently said since spring that he was the most consistent performer along the line. Not flashy or the most athletic, but does everything right.
We may very well miss him more this year than Sam. Not a knock on Sam, but just we always need good D-linemen and Bothroyd was a big DE for us and big enough to slide over to DT if needed.

For those without Twitter. Please note that all crimes are alleged until proven guilty:

Last edited:
Gilbert must have thought he was playing for Urban Meyer. Just some light, non-violent crime to get noticed.

Back