• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen the Cadillac Three like 5 times. Good for them. They put on a fantastic concert.

I imagine that preproduction meeting went something like this:

OK, Darius, we want you to sing a song about chicken tender sandwiches to the tune of Big Rock Candy Mountain with some cheesecakes in the background, how does that sound?
As long as the check clears I'll sing whatever you want.

He got to meet peak Brooke Burke though.

Last edited:
Biff handicaps the Big XII

This is the last chance for Texas to show the Big XII they run that league.

The new additions all suck, except UCF. The idea that the ACC missed out on not adding Cincinnati and Houston is dumb, and we don't need another team in Florida. Mike Gundy is now 56 years old and an old man and in decline.

1. Texas
2. K-State
3. Texas Tech
4. TCU
5. Baylor
6. Oklahoma
7. UCF
8. Kansas
9. Iowa State
10. BYU
11. Oklahoma State
12. Houston
13. West Virginia
14. Cincinnati

For comparison:

2023 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll
1. Texas (41), 886
2. Kansas State (14), 858
3. Oklahoma (4), 758
4. Texas Tech (4), 729
5. TCU (3), 727
6. Baylor, 572
7. Oklahoma State (1), 470
8. UCF, 463
9. Kansas, 461
10. Iowa State, 334
11. BYU, 318
12. Houston, 215
13. Cincinnati, 202
14. West Virginia, 129

First-place votes in parenthesis.

Texas Tech is a 14.5 point favorite at Wyoming in a primetime game on CBS. That feels like a game that could get real weird.

I'm obviously down on OU.

I think Coach Malzahn will have UCF ready to go though.

This guy had his number retired at FSU and is salty as hell that he didn't get offered the head coaching job with basically no experience.

I'm obviously down on OU.

I think Coach Malzahn will have UCF ready to go though.

OU's schedule is weak-- like the weakest I can remember. Barring injury, I think 9-3 is the floor for them. That should keep them in the running. They have a returning QB, and true freshman 5 star for depth. WR is a big question mark RB is very deep-- four guys who could start most places. OL may take a while to gel, but has potential to put it together in a big way. The D will determine this team's success, and I expect it to be much better. They're bigger in the trenches (a must for the move to the SEC). On average, they're like 10-12 lbs bigger than 2 years ago. That is not insignificant. Another year with their old S&C coach actually lifting and not doing kettlebell weights. Another year learning the defense. It was embarrassing watching other teams like Baylor wear them down and push them around the last few years (you can thank the S&C coach that FULR took with him to USC, and keep that in mind as USC enters their 2nd year with kettlebell man whipping them into shape and Grinch pushing for the smaller "speed D"). That should be over until they get to the SEC.

KSU and Taco Tech are the two schools outside of OU and TX getting love from Big XII insiders. I'll believe it when I see it with Tech. KSU will go as far as their QB will take them, but will be well coached like they usually are. Sark has never won 10 games in his career, and I'm not sure this year is the year to do so. Has Ewers made the next step in his development? He was mostly mediocre last year, and Manning isn't going to save the day if he falters (the other Texas backup is potentially really good, though). The Bama game will say a lot early on, and I don't think it will be close.

UCF likely the best of the incoming schools.

Back