• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bama has a lot of proponents this year and a lot of doubters.

Pros: Nick Saban, OL, Secondary, Millroe is really athletic at QB, motivated by revenge
Cons: Two new coordinators, average WRs, Millroe hasn't mastered the passing game, killer instinct?

Despite all of that many are picking them to win the SEC East, the SEC, and even the CFP. I'm high on Alabama and the story is that they're going to line up and brutalize you. We'll see.
SEC West 😁

Pretty sure he doesn't want one of the 8 maybe 10 schools leaving the conference to take the belt with them.

Yeah, I think 1 Pac-12 team gets in + Texas. Then 1 of OSU/Mich, and that leaves LSU winning the SEC championship game,

So you think Alabama sucks. You might be right, as I mentioned earlier. OTOH, plenty of folks have them winning it all. I strongly considered Texas, but considering they play at Alabama week two, and will probably screw up and lose another game, I discounted their chances.

I think LSU has too much on their plate to emerge as the only team from the SEC, as they would have to beat FSU without a couple of players this weekend, then win the west over Alabama and everyone else, then defeat Georgia (I suppose) in the SECCG.

USC, Michigan, UGa, Penn State with Trojans as champs.

I don't like USC's defense. On the whole I think the PAC-12 cannibalizes itself with too many good to really good teams.

I like the Penn State pick, and think they'll take out either tOSU or Michigan this season, but of the three teams from the B1G East, I think Michigan is the most likely to make it to the CFP.

The problem with the Pac 12 is that every team plays 9 games, and there are several teams that are good enough to beat each other up. The only other conference that plays 9 conference games is the Big 10, and there are only three legit teams in the conference; so, either Michigan, tOSU or Penn State (or sometimes more than one) will either be unbeaten or have one loss. The SEC is good enough to beat each other up, but they are sharp enough to only play 8 conference games, and the SEC has built its brand to the point that they will get multiple teams in with one loss (or even two losses).

This year in the Pac 12, USC, Washington, Utah, Oregon, and even UCLA and Oregon State are all good enough to beat the others. Plus, the Pac 12 plays the fewest FCS teams; so, their OOC schedules are difficult too. USC and Stanford play Notre Dame; Utah is playing Florida and Baylor, Oregon plays Texas Tech, UCLA was supposed to play Michigan,
but Harbaugh cancelled the series.

The Pac-12 plays the most honorable schedule of all of the Power V conferences and it has cost them.

Grinch did ok at Wazoo-- good enough to get hired by tOSU. A lot of tOSU fans were happy to see him go to OU, but he was a co-D coordinator there for one year with Schiano, who they also ran off. He certainly wasn't there long enough to make an impression on the D. But his defenses got worse at OU and more poorly conditioned with each passing year. He was brought to USC because FULR offered the entire OU staff the opportunity to come to USC. Many if not most of them went. Job security.
Grinch was HORRIBLE at tOSU. Schiano had been there for several years and had some solid success before he got there. Not that Schiano was great, but Grinch was the problem.

I don't like USC's defense. On the whole I think the PAC-12 cannibalizes itself with too many good to really good teams.

I like the Penn State pick, and think they'll take out either tOSU or Michigan this season, but of the three teams from the B1G East, I think Michigan is the most likely to make it to the CFP.
The two I feel best about are UGa because of their regular season schedule and Michigan. UGa avoids everybody in conference and will probably be favored by 10+ in every game but @UT so even if they lose SECCG they should be in CFP. Thinking that the UGa & Ok St transfers on defense help the Trojans just enough to put them thru a tough PAC. Penn St is a shot in the dark. One day they just have to beat one of the big boyz. They have the goods this year & the OSU QB situation is in flux.

The two I feel best about are UGa because of their regular season schedule and Michigan. UGa avoids everybody in conference and will probably be favored by 10+ in every game but @UT so even if they lose SECCG they should be in CFP. Thinking that the UGa & Ok St transfers on defense help the Trojans just enough to put them thru a tough PAC. Penn St is a shot in the dark. One day they just have to beat one of the big boyz. They have the goods this year & the OSU QB situation is in flux.

Penn State beat Michigan in 2019 and 2020 and has also has a new QB.

Southern Cal got gashed on defense by San Jose State, which was picked 5th in the Mountain West. Every game will be on Caleb Williams' shoulders.

Meanwhile four months from now we'll be scratching our heads when Spencer Rattler leads the Cocks to the SEC Championship, wins the Heisman, and rolls into the CFP.

Look at the UGA and Bama fans getting riled up because someone has the gall to think their teams won't make the Final 4...

Look at the UGA and Bama fans getting riled up because someone has the gall to think their teams won't make the Final 4...

or we see a value bet.

and i don’t mind buying bourbon for a fellow deac.

Georgia’s schedule is weak as shit. They only regular season game they can lose is at Tennessee. So they only way they don’t make the playoff is to lose that game and the SEC championship (and even then could still conceivably get in the playoff)

Back