• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USC’s defense is going to be a dumpster fire and they’re going to get burned on a day their offense isn’t perfect. Notre Dame, Utah, Washington and Oregon over five weeks is going to be brutal for them and they’re going to lose likely two of those games.

Urban Meyer is a full year removed from coaching. Next year he will be two years removed. Hope that trend continues. He is a jackass. Sorry to any donkeys out there that i may have offended.

Biff handicaps the Big XII

This is the last chance for Texas to show the Big XII they run that league.

The new additions all suck, except UCF. The idea that the ACC missed out on not adding Cincinnati and Houston is dumb, and we don't need another team in Florida. Mike Gundy is now 56 years old and an old man and in decline.

1. Texas
2. K-State
3. Texas Tech
4. TCU
5. Baylor
6. Oklahoma
7. UCF
8. Kansas
9. Iowa State
10. BYU
11. Oklahoma State
12. Houston
13. West Virginia
14. Cincinnati

For comparison:

2023 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll
1. Texas (41), 886
2. Kansas State (14), 858
3. Oklahoma (4), 758
4. Texas Tech (4), 729
5. TCU (3), 727
6. Baylor, 572
7. Oklahoma State (1), 470
8. UCF, 463
9. Kansas, 461
10. Iowa State, 334
11. BYU, 318
12. Houston, 215
13. Cincinnati, 202
14. West Virginia, 129

First-place votes in parenthesis.
Gundy is still 40 and a maaaunn.

☀️🔥🔥"Ewing effect" x3 (Hartman, Perry, Greene) catapults Wake to the top of the ACC.🔥🔥☀️

This take arrives at approximately the temperature in the center of the sun.

Thursday:
Florida at Utah -4.5, 44 pts, 8:00 ESPN
Nebraska at Minnesota -7.0, 43 pts, 8:00 FOX

Friday:
Miami at Miami -16.5, 45.5 pts, 7:00 ACCN

Saturday:
Virginia at Tennessee -28.0, 56.5 pts, 12:00 ABC
Colorado at TCU -20.5, 64 pts, 12:00 FOX
West Virginia at Penn State -20.5, 7:30 NBC
UNC-CH v USC +2.5, 64.5 pts, 7:30 ABC
ODU at Va Tech -16.0, 47.5 pts, 8:00 ACCN

Sunday:
LSU -2.5 v FSU +2.5, 56.5 pts, 7:30 ABC

Monday:
Clemson -13 at Duke, 56.5 pts 8:00 ESPN

No wagers actually made yet, but on the above list I also like Utah, USC, LSU, & Clemson.

Could also get behind TCU throttling Colorado.

Note: Biff took every favorite, aside from SCAR over UNC.

I admit that I went heavy with favorites this weekend and took every SEC team except Florida.

The two big games with the slimmest lines are the Carolina game and the LSU/FSU game. I feel better about South Carolina than I do LSU.

More than any other game, I am excited for Clemson to beat Duke by 3+ TDs.

Feels like Clemson is under the radar a bit given all of the FSU hype. And (as discussed here at length) Duke was solid last year, but not nearly as good as their record would indicate. Love Elko, but I think they take a significant step backwards this year (in terms of W/L).

The hype machine for FSU is absolutely insane. If they come out and soundly defeat LSU on Saturday night the Clemson game is going to be off the hook on 9/23.

More than any other game, I am excited for Clemson to beat Duke by 3+ TDs.

Feels like Clemson is under the radar a bit given all of the FSU hype. And (as discussed here at length) Duke was solid last year, but not nearly as good as their record would indicate. Love Elko, but I think they take a significant step backwards this year (in terms of W/L).

I only just realized that Duke gets Clemson to start the season. Very much looking forward to them getting curb stomped and put back in their place.

Thursday:
Florida at Utah -4.5, 44 pts, 8:00 ESPN
Nebraska at Minnesota -7.0, 43 pts, 8:00 FOX

Friday:
Miami at Miami -16.5, 45.5 pts, 7:00 ACCN

Saturday:
Virginia at Tennessee -28.0, 56.5 pts, 12:00 ABC
Colorado at TCU -20.5, 64 pts, 12:00 FOX
West Virginia at Penn State -20.5, 7:30 NBC
UNC-CH v USC +2.5, 64.5 pts, 7:30 ABC
ODU at Va Tech -16.0, 47.5 pts, 8:00 ACCN

Sunday:
LSU -2.5 v FSU +2.5, 56.5 pts, 7:30 ABC

Monday:
Clemson -13 at Duke, 56.5 pts 8:00 ESPN
I agree on Utah, TCU (Bigly), and Clemson. My lottery ticket might be the Wyoming ML. Haven't decided yet how frisky I want to get.

Fanduel has a 30% profit boost on an Utah Florida bet. On the one hand I don’t like anything on that game but on the other 30%!

I guess we’re gonna ride Utah -4.5

No wagers actually made yet, but on the above list I also like Utah, USC, LSU, & Clemson.

Could also get behind TCU throttling Colorado.

Note: Biff took every favorite, aside from SCAR over UNC.
Also agree with LSU and Clemson. I’m gonna spend some time today sorting through Saturday lines for value. Can’t wait to throw away all my hard earned golf betting money this fall. A tradition unlike any other

Back