• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never thought I’d see MSNBC be so pro-SEC with Fartbomb on and FoxNews take up for the team that got hosed. I don’t recognize this world. Lolol!

Jordan Travis doing Jordan Travis things. Granted F Bama! Go Michigan Cheaters. On a side note, nothing worse than seeing the decision yesterday, having to finish my day of National Guard Work in FL and then drive 6 hours home to Atlanta only to be welcomed by my 2016 Bama grad ladyfriend with a Bama sweatshirt excited to see me and asking me how was my f’n day…

Jordan Travis doing Jordan Travis things. Granted F Bama! Go Michigan Cheaters. On a side note, nothing worse than seeing the decision yesterday, having to finish my day of National Guard Work in FL and then drive 6 hours home to Atlanta only to be welcomed by my 2016 Bama grad ladyfriend with a Bama sweatshirt excited to see me and asking me how was my f’n day…
Here you go bud: https://www.eharmony.com/

Kyle McCord is leaving tOSU?
Almost assuredly a “it would be better for both parties to move on” conversation. Not a bad player, and pretty good stats, but didn’t play up to his 5 star billing, particularly 3 years into the program.

Now let’s see if he wins a Heisman at LSU and goes #1.

It's amazing listening to the radio to the guys defending the committee's decision, "well the decision came down to who would win between FSU and Texas or Alabama on a neutral field." So, as we've said over and over, it comes down to opinions instead of what happens on the field. That's the world we live in though, look at the media these days, it's 24/7 opinions and facts be damned. The crazy thing to me, Michigan got shut down against Iowa Saturday night, but apparently there's no way FSU could've faced Michigan and their defense given them a real shot to beat them, with their 2nd string quarterback playing with an offense that even with the 2nd string QB is world's better than Iowa's.

It's amazing listening to the radio to the guys defending the committee's decision, "well the decision came down to who would win between FSU and Texas or Alabama on a neutral field." So, as we've said over and over, it comes down to opinions instead of what happens on the field. That's the world we live in though, look at the media these days, it's 24/7 opinions and facts be damned. The crazy thing to me, Michigan got shut down against Iowa Saturday night, but apparently there's no way FSU could've faced Michigan and their defense given them a real shot to beat them, with their 2nd string quarterback playing with an offense that even with the 2nd string QB is world's better than Iowa's.

So shouldn't Alabama and Georgia be higher than #4 ? And shouldn't Georgia and Oregon and Ohio State be ranked ahead of FSU then ?

Either it's the four best teams on December 3 or it's the most deserving. Georgia would absolutely be favored over Washington today, or is the committee's eye test just that much better than anything else ?

I'm not even saying Georgia should be in ahead of anyone else. There are 6 teams with good arguments based on "best" or "most deserving." Last year, TCU got in after losing to K-State in the Big XII CCG and stayed at #3, but Georgia drops 5 slots for losing by a FG on a neutral field after being #1 for weeks ? Were they just fooling the committee up to that point ?

So shouldn't Alabama and Georgia be higher than #4 ? And shouldn't Georgia and Oregon and Ohio State be ranked ahead of FSU then ?

Either it's the four best teams on December 3 or it's the most deserving. Georgia would absolutely be favored over Washington today, or is the committee's eye test just that much better than anything else ?

I'm not even saying Georgia should be in ahead of anyone else. There are 6 teams with good arguments based on "best" or "most deserving." Last year, TCU got in after losing to K-State in the Big XII CCG and stayed at #3, but Georgia drops 5 slots for losing by a FG on a neutral field after being #1 for weeks ? Were they just fooling the committee up to that point ?
I agree, they can't have it both ways. What if a team had their starting QB go down in preseason and missed the first couple of game and they lost, but got their starter back and ran the table? Certainly could be one of the best 4 teams at the end of the year, but wouldn't even sniff the playoff with 2 losses.

Either it's the four best teams on December 3 or it's the most deserving.
it’s not one criteria or the other, its both. We have already established with precedent that being undefeated isn’t an auto-qualifying condition, and now we have precedent that being an undefeated Big 5 isn’t an auto qualifying condition, and why should it be? The conferences are vastly different, the size of the conferences mean that Big 5 conference schedules vary wildly in difficulty.

Back