• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watching the Netflix documentary “Untold: Swamp Kings” about Urben Meyer and Florida football and I saw an interesting tidbit. So, the 2nd episode shows Florida beating Arkansas in the SEC title game and getting in the BCS title game against the undefeated and #1 ranked Ohio State Buckeyes. They were showing clips of the media debating whether Florida should’ve gotten in over a couple of other 1 loss teams and one particular clip was interesting as it was none other than our boy Kirk Herstreit saying Michigan was the 2nd best team in the country and they should be playing Ohio State for the title instead of Florida. Of course Florida would go on to beat Ohio State 41-14 in the BCS Title game, lol. I wonder why that clip hasn’t been making the rounds since his expert opinion is always so solid?

Wow! Bill Hancock took a poop on the ACC…”so-called power 5 conference”

FSU has been calling the ACC a joke for years.

For the record, I think he was saying "so-called" in relation to the term "Power 5" as to not slight other FBS programs.

The flaw here in all this is the four best teams argument is bullshit, because Georgia would be favored against all four including Alabama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe but since they just got beat by Alabama they had to slide behind them just like Alabama slid behind Texas due to their loss. Thus setting odds for that game would be up in the air.

Michigan’s schedule was just as shitty.
Maybe but they did beat two teams in the Top 10 in Ohio State and Penn State then beat a still ranked 17 Iowa in their title game. Most do not see anything close to that on the Florida State schedule. (At the time a 5 LSU was all that is close)

Maybe but they did beat two teams in the Top 10 in Ohio State and Penn State then beat a still ranked 17 Iowa in their title game. Most do not see anything close to that on the Florida State schedule. (At the time a 5 LSU was all that is close)
I’m still not convinced Ohio State and Penn State are very good.

FSU beat a still ranked 14 Louisville in their title game.

How about Saban hiring Michigan's former linebacker coach right now? Probably got a 1 month contract.
It's weird that NDAs and non-compete clauses are common in all kinds of random industries but not in sports.

How about Saban hiring Michigan's former linebacker coach right now? Probably got a 1 month contract.
Helow started his career with Saban in 2012. Will be replacing Hutzler as their LB coach for next year.

Helow was also fired by Harbaugh in February of this year to make way for a buddy of Harbaugh's, so it isn't like they stole an active coach at the last minute... And Michigan has plenty of time to change their signals.

Helow started his career with Saban in 2012. Will be replacing Hutzler as their LB coach for next year.

Helow was also fired by Harbaugh in February of this year to make way for a buddy of Harbaugh's, so it isn't like they stole an active coach at the last minute... And Michigan has plenty of time to change their signals.
Good context.

Back