• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2023 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Thread

The Athletic mailbag had a question about which position groups are deepest across the ACC. One of the groups the writers discussed was receivers and not a single WF receiver was mentioned. Pathetic.
They never do. Last year the entire press Corp was gaga over UVA’s receiving group and all they did was drop pass after key pass that Armstrong threw.

I don't know about other schools' WRs but Wake's WR are very good but not very deep as far as we know right now. We've got 4 excellent WRs. I wouldn't expect The Athletic to be high on Wesley Grimes. Walker Merrill probably didn't do enough at Tenn to merit much attention either.

Wake has 3 different WRs who could potentially be first team all ACC. I will take that kind of depth
Sure. I don't think of starters as depth. I haven't read that article though.

To be clear, the question was which positions are most loaded across the conference. Not position group depth at specific schools. They absolutely should have mentioned Greene at a minimum. Especially given the production of receivers in this offense over the last few years.

and Donavon Greene got hurt Monday and will be evaluated in 48 hours

god damn it
I really need to write something about the curse of Bo Archibald, about all the things that have happened to 4 stars recruits who decommitted from somewhere else and then came to Wake.

Walker Merrill might have to step up. Morin could also slide outside. Banks, Grimes, Mays, Fields. We could weather the storm, even a big loss like Donnie... Now, we can't lose anyone else

Bad sign that they are awaiting 48 hours to assess.

Crushing disappointment arriving well ahead of schedule this year. Where’s Windy?

Back